I might be...

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: I might be...

Postby DC727 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:That's true. Whenever I got TDY to an Air Force base, I threw myself a little party in the office.

The first base I was ever stationed at was a tiny Army Post in Livorno, Italy. When I got to Minot AFB, ND I remember walking on the sidewalk around the BX to get to the parking lot and a random LtCol walked up to me and said "It's ok, you can walk on the grass." Kinda funny the totally different atmospheres.

Where are ou stationed, Eric? I leave for lackland in september for 8.5 weeks. I got fire protection. My best friend and also my step dad is Air force at Little Rock. My best is leaving Ellsworth this week.
NuffDaddy wrote:Nigga ran that back like he had my VCR
DC727

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:47 pm

duckcommander727 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:That's true. Whenever I got TDY to an Air Force base, I threw myself a little party in the office.

The first base I was ever stationed at was a tiny Army Post in Livorno, Italy. When I got to Minot AFB, ND I remember walking on the sidewalk around the BX to get to the parking lot and a random LtCol walked up to me and said "It's ok, you can walk on the grass." Kinda funny the totally different atmospheres.

Where are ou stationed, Eric? I leave for lackland in september for 8.5 weeks. I got fire protection. My best friend and also my step dad is Air force at Little Rock. My best is leaving Ellsworth this week.

I'm at Hancock Field, NY right now. I'll be here permanantly, as far as I can see as of now. Do you have a guaranteed AFSC or are you in an open spot? You can PM me with any questions if you want so we don't high-jack the thread. I've cross trained twice so I have a feel for the several types of "boning" that can happen in the job selection process.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby DC727 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 pm

pm inbound.
DC727

I might be...

Postby assateague » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:56 pm

I still may try sculling in the hybrid.
assateague

I might be...

Postby assateague » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:00 pm

And why are scull boats all 100 feet long?
assateague

Postby DC727 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:04 pm

How does sculling work? We drift creeks in one man boats and shoot wood ducks. Same concept?
DC727

Postby capt1972 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:07 pm

duckcommander727 wrote:How does sculling work? We drift creeks in one man boats and shoot wood ducks. Same concept?

yup
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

I might be...

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:07 pm

assateague wrote:And why are scull boats all 100 feet long?

14'-16' give or take 85' or so
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

I might be...

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 pm

duckcommander727 wrote:How does sculling work? We drift creeks in one man boats and shoot wood ducks. Same concept?

yes and no DC
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby DC727 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Redbeard wrote:

yes and no DC

What's different
DC727

I might be...

Postby assateague » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Redbeard wrote:

They are 1 man jobs though, correct? My brief searching, I've never seen pics of a three man scull boat.
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:16 pm

assateague wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

They are 1 man jobs though, correct? My brief searching, I've never seen pics of a three man scull boat.

I think Red said his is a 2 seater.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby duckkillerclyde » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:16 pm

duckcommander727 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

yes and no DC

What's different

the scull part.

scull is an oar out the stern. to sneak on birds, not drift on them.
duckkillerclyde

I might be...

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:47 pm

assateague wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

1 and 2 man boats. Never seen or heard of a 3 man. The bigger the boat the tougher the scull
Redbeard

Postby DC727 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:54 pm

duckkillerclyde wrote:
duckcommander727 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

yes and no DC

What's different

the scull part.

scull is an oar out the stern. to sneak on birds, not drift on them.

Roger that.
DC727

I might be...

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:58 pm

duckcommander727 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

yes and no DC

What's different

Clyde's right
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340772811.101925.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340772823.722905.jpg

By moving your oar in a sort of figure eight motion to propel your boat forward slowly. Keys are to properly weight your boat down to sit as low in the water as possible and to scull slowly so as to not create a wake. There are many other tricks to the art; matching paint schemes, sun at your back, backgrounds to hide your silhouette, particular approaches to birds, not getting greedy, etc, etc. It's much more than just drifting a river for ducks
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Redbeard

I might be...

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:59 pm

Redbeard wrote:
assateague wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

1 and 2 man boats. Never seen or heard of a 3 man. The bigger the boat the tougher the scull

I might be picking up a true 1 man this weekend
Redbeard

Postby DC727 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:02 am

Redbeard wrote:
duckcommander727 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

yes and no DC

What's different

Clyde's right

By moving your oar in a sort of figure eight motion to propel your boat forward slowly. Keys are to properly weight your boat down to sit as low in the water as possible and to scull slowly so as to not create a wake. There are many other tricks to the art; matching paint schemes, sun at your back, backgrounds to hide your silhouette, particular approaches to birds, not getting greedy, etc, etc. It's much more than just drifting a river for ducks

Now I'm interrested. That sounds like an ass load of fun.
DC727

Postby duckkillerclyde » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:13 am

duckkillerclyde

Postby duckkillerclyde » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:15 am

duckkillerclyde

Postby duckkillerclyde » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:18 am

read this but apply duck hunting common sense and laying down.

http://www.simplicityboats.com/ScullYulohaboat.htm

That is what sculling is.
duckkillerclyde

I might be...

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:40 am

duckcommander727 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
duckcommander727 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

yes and no DC

What's different

Clyde's right

Now I'm interrested. That sounds like an ass load of fun.

While "ass load of fun" sound gay as hell, sculling is a great time. But it requires patience and hard work
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Only until I develop and patent my new oar, which will take the sculling world by storm. Just you wait. This is second only to my "design a special bolt head which requires a special tool to tighten and loosen and name it after myself" idea. It worked for Mr. Phillips, Mr. Torx, and Mr. Squarehead. In 10 years when one of you is trying to put together a toy for your kids on Christmas eve, and you dump out the hardware packet, and curse your luck ("Dammit, this thing comes with Jim Drive screws, and I don't have a Jimdriver"), you can thank me. I'll be on an island counting my money. An island I rowed to with one of my specially patented sculling oars.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:31 pm

assateague wrote:Only until I develop and patent my new oar, which will take the sculling world by storm. Just you wait. This is second only to my "design a special bolt head which requires a special tool to tighten and loosen and name it after myself" idea. It worked for Mr. Phillips, Mr. Torx, and Mr. Squarehead. In 10 years when one of you is trying to put together a toy for your kids on Christmas eve, and you dump out the hardware packet, and curse your luck ("Dammit, this thing comes with Jim Drive screws, and I don't have a Jimdriver"), you can thank me. I'll be on an island counting my money. An island I rowed to with one of my specially patented sculling oars.

You are forgetting some of the biggest hair pullers out there, the Clutch drive, triangle head, and spider drive. I'm running out of places to put these dumb screw driver sets that I only use once. There are literally tons out there, I'll have a spot in the garage for the Jimdriver.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:26 pm

:o

You mean, your name isn't Assateague? Lol
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby assateague » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:36 pm

I'll name it the Teaguedrive just for you Goldie. The Assadrive would have an entirely different connotation.
assateague

I might be...

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby duckkillerclyde » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:44 pm

assateague wrote:I'll name it the Teaguedrive just for you Goldie. The Assadrive would have an entirely different connotation.

why not 'The Jackhammer'
duckkillerclyde

I might be...

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:49 pm

assateague wrote:I'll name it the Teaguedrive just for you Goldie. The Assadrive would have an entirely different connotation.

too late. It's now been dubbed the Assadriver
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Its still available in the urban dictionary. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=assadriver

This one however is already taken, sorry.

assadocious:

Possessing an overly proud ass; bragging about the excess of ass.

All the boys flocked to Liz because she was so Assadocious; her ass was thick and fine.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind