Nightmares

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Nightmares

Postby Olly » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:05 am

I rarely ever get them, maybe 5 in my whole life but last night I had a doozy of a nightmare.

I dreamed that I was at a indoor public pool and I climbed up on this ledge that was about 10ft above the concrete floor so I could jump in the pool. I sit down on the ledge to chill and every time I would look away I would get higher and higher. I got up like 100ft barely sitting on the ledge and then the ledge started getting smaller until I had no choice but to jump! I leapt then fell and woke up in a huge puddle of sweat breathing heavy before I hit the concrete in the dream.

I think the beer was spiked last night.

Sent from your honey hole.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Re: Nightmares

Postby duckkillerclyde » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:15 am

I can lucid dream. I haven't done it in a year or so just because I've lost interest in it. When I was doing it frequently I could do it three or four times a week.

I've never had a nightmare.
duckkillerclyde

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:51 am

duckkillerclyde wrote:I can lucid dream. I haven't done it in a year or so just because I've lost interest in it. When I was doing it frequently I could do it three or four times a week.

I've never had a nightmare.

Ive almost done this before a few times, i realized i was in a dream and when i announced that i knew i was dreaming and could do whatever i wanted everyone around me got really angry and started to attack me then i wake up. happened a few times and the dreams are all completely different. I need to keep my mouth shut next time it happens.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby duckkillerclyde » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:57 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Ive almost done this before a few times, i realized i was in a dream and when i announced that i knew i was dreaming and could do whatever i wanted everyone around me got really angry and started to attack me then i wake up. happened a few times and the dreams are all completely different. I need to keep my mouth shut next time it happens.

I can't 'do what I want' because once I realize that I am dreaming the entire dream falls apart. There is no flying or duck hunting just realizing that I am dreaming and the dream will end. I then can listen to things and remember them when I wake up. This is most common during duck season as I go to bed early and my girlfriend has company over. I can hear them talking and I will remember enough to talk to my girlfriend about it the next day.

I can speak when I lucid dream. I feel like I am shouting but my girlfriend says I am very quite and mumbley. It takes all the strength I have just to pick up my arm but once I do pick my arm up I'm wide awake.
duckkillerclyde

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:59 am

same here, its like once i realize it and try to control the dream it falls apart but its always the same that people around me get mad and attack me.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:15 am

I have spoke out loud to my wife and told her to wake me up during "dreams". It seems almost painful when I am doing it.
QH's Paw

Nightmares

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:27 am

I like a good nightmare from time to time. That being said, I do see how one could give you a heart attack and kill you.

If anyone ever invents a way to immediately fall back asleep and puck up right where a dream left off, they'd be a millionaire. I can think of more than once where this would have been fun.
assateague

Postby Olly » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:34 am

Watched this a few years ago, not a half bad movie. Kinda trippy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Night
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Nightmares

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:44 am

assateague wrote:I like a good nightmare from time to time. That being said, I do see how one could give you a heart attack and kill you.

If anyone ever invents a way to immediately fall back asleep and puck up right where a dream left off, they'd be a millionaire. I can think of more than once where this would have been fun.

you're onto something Jim!
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Return to The Blind