The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Rick » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:43 am

Cute kid, but are you sure he's not pulling a fast one and calling you "ca-ca"?
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:38 am

He's going to be shooting ducks b4 you know it.
13737462_295742414111960_885485920217058035_o.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:20 pm

More hunters than ducks today.
Fog came in just as I launched the boat and it was just one of them "nothing flying but sea gulls" days. Heard some honkers way up in the stratosphere. No shots fired by anyone. Picked up decoys at around 8:30.
Gee this is fun.
aunt betty

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:40 pm

Rex Chapman? Is this you?
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby aunt betty » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:49 pm

Oh man...what did you get me to watch?
Right back atcha!
aunt betty

Postby Bad17 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:57 pm

That's shit is way too funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby Rick » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:23 pm

Y'all some sick, sick puppies.
Rick

Postby Bad17 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:33 pm

But it's still funny as hell.

Bad17

Postby aunt betty » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:44 pm

Watch out Bad...it's one of them "there ain't no fuckin ducks" years so far and you know how we get a little cranky when that happens?
Better get ready boys cuz when them sum biches come thru they aint a gunna stop for more'n a day or four an den dey gone and so am I. They say that there's some new water and new ducks around my double-top-secret location.
aunt betty

Postby Bad17 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:32 pm

aunt betty wrote:Watch out Bad...it's one of them "there ain't no fuckin ducks" years so far and you know how we get a little cranky when that happens?
Better get ready boys cuz when them sum biches come thru they aint a gunna stop for more'n a day or four an den dey gone and so am I. They say that there's some new water and new ducks around my double-top-secret location.

You need a go pro so we can all live a day in your life hunting. Aunt Betty reality TV. Lol.

Bad17

Postby aunt betty » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:44 am

Bad17 wrote:
aunt betty wrote:Watch out Bad...it's one of them "there ain't no fuckin ducks" years so far and you know how we get a little cranky when that happens?

You need a go pro so we can all live a day in your life hunting. Aunt Betty reality TV. Lol.

I'm not sure but I think Botiz or someone offered to follow me for a few days with a camera to film all the stupid. It's hard to tell sometimes if I'm crazy or "crazy like a fox". 50/50 either way.
Am pretty sure y'all would be bored out of your skulls if you had to watch 24 hours of me. It'd probably be way more exciting to watch Olly try to sign up a midget chick into the coasties.

This season you'd have had to film for about 20 hours of sitting in a blind for maybe a minute worth of bam bam bam and go pick up two ducks. Boring. I'll try and fix it later when I head to ark. Wife insists that I'm going again this year.
They had a lot of rain lately and I heard they got some new ducks too.
Knobel, Arkansas is where I think I'll start. Dave Donaldson...Black River. It's the roughest place I know and is not to be taken lightly. It kicks my ass but is worth it. This picture is DD. We belong there.
12243328_161069687579234_2958484772654638815_n.jpg
aunt betty

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:26 pm

Went through the whole brake and ABS system in the truck. New everything including axle oil, seals, and bearings plus ABS sensor and module. Also replaced the radiator, water pump, and put in a new and cooler running 180* thermostat.
IMG_5777.JPG

IMG_5776.JPG

IMG_5779.JPG
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby aunt betty » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:37 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Went through the whole brake and ABS system in the truck. New everything including axle oil, seals, and bearings plus ABS sensor and module. Also replaced the radiator, water pump, and put in a new and cooler running 180* thermostat.
IMG_5777.JPG

IMG_5776.JPG

IMG_5779.JPG

First thing to go will be your fuel shutdown solenoid. Easy enough to fix. When you get there it'll shut down on you and not re-start. Wire the thing open and then it won't quit running until you un-wire it. That'll get you home anyway.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:51 pm

Y'all may as well give up cuz they ain't no ducks. (I killed them both already)
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:01 pm

Been studying the migration maps and it appears that the front edge of it is just hitting NEArk.
My living room is starting to look like I'm about to split. Dog is looking kind of nervous.
Must

kill

greenheads

:duck: :duck: :duck:
aunt betty

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:54 pm

Today is one of those days where I'm glad I have a really good Block heater. -7*.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby aunt betty » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:09 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Today is one of those days where I'm glad I have a really good Block heater. -7*.

Oh yeah. Did you smoke up the yard like the barn was on fire?
aunt betty

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:48 pm

Nope, didn't even chug. The bitch fired right up.
R. Chapman

Postby aunt betty » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:38 am

If they were size 12...
http://chambana.craigslist.org/zip/5920014253.html

How often do you see free waders on craigslist? Lol
I check there looking for firewood, lumber, 4x4 posts, pallets, and fence panels. Am about 6 fence panels short of my needs. Sooner or later some drunk will take out another wooden fence and I'm on it.
:lol:
aunt betty

Postby Olly » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:48 am

Merry Christmas WFF!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Deltaman » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:55 am

Olly wrote:Merry Christmas WFF!

Merry Christmas Olly!
I hope you are killing more ducks than me! Have put a lot of time into it this year, scouting my ass off and hunting, but most hunts have been averaging 3-4 birds, and that's spending 6-8 hours in a blind :o Too many hunters chasing too few birds, and getting to the point where the juice ain't worth the squeeze. Our cutoff time of 1:00 p.m. has been ignored by most, as I'm hearing them banging away well after cut off, and watching these youngsters pull up to the launch in their new Z71 and mudboat at 4:00 p.m., and head out to hunt...............in the areas that are supposed to be closed at 1:00 p.m., and hunting well past sundown........friggin ridiculous :twisted: Have voiced my concerns with the powers that be, and can only hope they act on it.......we'll see! Think I will spend more time hunting creeks farther up in the delta, hunting Woodrow at daylight, then breaking out the fishing poles and working the same creeks, with guns loaded for more Woodrow, Johnny squirrel, and a good possibility of popping one of the many oinkers that are rampant in our swamp.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:00 pm

Deltaman wrote:

Merry Christmas Olly!
I hope you are killing more ducks than me! Have put a lot of time into it this year, scouting my ass off and hunting, but most hunts have been averaging 3-4 birds, and that's spending 6-8 hours in a blind :o Too many hunters chasing too few birds, and getting to the point where the juice ain't worth the squeeze. Our cutoff time of 1:00 p.m. has been ignored by most, as I'm hearing them banging away well after cut off, and watching these youngsters pull up to the launch in their new Z71 and mudboat at 4:00 p.m., and head out to hunt...............in the areas that are supposed to be closed at 1:00 p.m., and hunting well past sundown........friggin ridiculous :twisted: Have voiced my concerns with the powers that be, and can only hope they act on it.......we'll see! Think I will spend more time hunting creeks farther up in the delta, hunting Woodrow at daylight, then breaking out the fishing poles and working the same creeks, with guns loaded for more Woodrow, Johnny squirrel, and a good possibility of popping one of the many oinkers that are rampant in our swamp.

Same story with a place I was hunting. Closed on Monday and Tuesday and they don't care. 12 noon cutoff ignored. Horsepower limits ignored running 35 hp surface drives with a 23 sticker, getting checked and the DNR is so stupid they believed that big block Briggs was a 23.

FlintRiverFowler

Postby aunt betty » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:30 pm

I too have been hearing shooting way before and way after LST.
The ducks know it too and have been making adjustments which totally fucks it up for everyone else.
So many boats and trucks. Holy shit you should see the rigs I see. Will take some pics in January,.
Ranges from huge 4x4 duelly trucks with trash-can exausts to them huge new F250's and 350's with roof racks and light bars on the racks. Lot of them SilverAYdoes an a few Rams but it's lookin like the kids like them giant fords.
I've never seen so many rigs there. Was just a few years back when I was one of a handful of die hards and now it's like holy fuck that's a lot of boats. Did not count but if I had to guess there was sixty rigs there the last day I hunted back in early December. January is going to get interesting.
aunt betty

Postby Rick » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:24 pm

Reads like a lot of hard times, but I'm up for the merry (and safe) Christmas to Olly and all.
Rick

Postby Olly » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:41 pm

Deltaman wrote:

Merry Christmas Olly!

Actually this year is going great. I've shot birds every time I go out and hit limits in early teal season. My smaller foot print lets birds get closer to me I think so I've been carving out the birds that are have wised up to the big boxy blinds I think.

I've been seeing people ignore the no gas motor limit in Big Bateau everytime I go out there but I've also noticed A LOT less boats back there. I think most people are following the new rules and don't want to fool with paddling back in there.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby aunt betty » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:46 am

Logan is a little badass. He's been telling kids at school to bite his shiny metal ass.
Oh man that's funny and I didn't teach him that. We watch Sponge Bob and that's about it.
aunt betty

Postby Rick » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:34 pm

Pleased to report I've just mowed for the last time this year.
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:44 pm

Rick wrote:Pleased to report I've just mowed for the last time this year.

Had to run the mower up here about three weeks ago. People were lookin at me funny.
That Husqvarna mower we got shreds leaves up into bitsy bits. If I mow a back-n-forth pattern it pretty much shreds it all.
We have a Ginko tree which is different. The leaves all fall at once and lay flat because it's usually a rain that brings them all down. It's a chore still but I can shred up them leaves pretty much.
End up with a couple little piles.

The thing about lawns. All the work you do (or don't do) this year shows next year. It's just how it works.
aunt betty

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:46 pm

aunt betty wrote:Logan is a little badass. He's been telling kids at school to bite his shiny metal ass.
Oh man that's funny and I didn't teach him that. We watch Sponge Bob and that's about it.

He's been watching Futurama after you fall asleep.
This is the real Botiz630
Botiz630

Postby Olly » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Happy new year WFF!
Olly
WFF Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind