Makes My Blood Boil

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Makes My Blood Boil

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Olly wrote:Do you get the bail money back? Why is the golf course paying bail money?

Sent from Tapatalk

I gota go get a check from the sheriffs dept. monday, golf course aint payin bail money, that came out of my checking account.
FlintRiverFowler

Makes My Blood Boil

Postby Redbeard » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:38 pm

On the 4th of July, I was half lit at my buddy's house (fam outta town) and we were hanging out with a guy who is testing to be a CA fish cop. So we went ahead and turned on a marathon of Wild Justice, the embarassing tv show bout CA F&G wardens. The guy was almost in tears. Not sure if it was from our constant mean spirited bashing or from laughing so hard at his future coworkers
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:40 pm

I really can't stand game wardens. I hunted in AZ for a season and a half, and never even saw one. I couldn't even tell you what their trucks look like. Here, I have to pass them running radar. And they wonder why they don't get any respect.
assateague

Postby Olly » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Up here I've never seen a game warden while hunting. Saw a DNR plane last duck season they came down about 800ft off the deck to check us out though.

Sent from Tapatalk
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Makes My Blood Boil

Postby Westie25 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:20 pm

I've seen the planes that are for counting a lot. And at one time last year we had been checked 4 weekends in a row.
Westie25

Postby Goldfish » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:30 pm

There's a couple places that I hunt that I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be checked. Doesn't bother me too much, I don't plan on doing anything.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:34 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:Do you get the bail money back? Why is the golf course paying bail money?

Sent from Tapatalk

I gota go get a check from the sheriffs dept. monday, golf course aint payin bail money, that came out of my checking account.

Screw that. He would have stayed in jail.

Sent from Tapatalk
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Baysider » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:42 pm

We have at least 8 officers for each county here on the shore between VMRC and GW's. I cant even get the boat off the trailer at times without them bugging me. One day last summer i was stopped as soon as I took the boat off the trailer, twice while on the water, and again by another d bag when I got back. Its a bit much. i asked them if they had these things called radios or phones to let eachother know that the guy in the black boat has already been harrased enough. Didnt go over well, but they had me pissed by then. how many times do I need to have a govt. officer go through my boat and cooler in a day. Free country my ass.
MOhuntingGuy wrote: Went with the fuse accessories axium 6 inch doinker style.
Baysider

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:51 pm

Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Sent from Tapatalk

Screw that. He would have stayed in jail.

Sent from Tapatalk

He was def gona have to pay me back. These guys work here for abt 7yrs to 9yrs and save thousands bbefore returning home to mex. So i knew he had it in cash at his house
FlintRiverFowler

Postby assateague » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Baysider wrote:We have at least 8 officers for each county here on the shore between VMRC and GW's. I cant even get the boat off the trailer at times without them bugging me. One day last summer i was stopped as soon as I took the boat off the trailer, twice while on the water, and again by another d bag when I got back. Its a bit much. i asked them if they had these things called radios or phones to let eachother know that the guy in the black boat has already been harrased enough. Didnt go over well, but they had me pissed by then. how many times do I need to have a govt. officer go through my boat and cooler in a day. Free country my ass.

Same here. It's horrible. Throw in Federal Wardens and Coast Guard, and it's downright harassment. When fishing the back bays, you WILL be checked at least once a day by wardens and once a day by Coasties. But at least the Coasties give you a card- sometimes it works to get you out of the next "inspection", some days not so much. They are far more professional than the wardens, and don't care about the game, but are still a pain in the ass when you're trying to mind your own business.
assateague

Makes My Blood Boil

Postby Redbeard » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Baysider wrote:We have at least 8 officers for each county here on the shore between VMRC and GW's. I cant even get the boat off the trailer at times without them bugging me. One day last summer i was stopped as soon as I took the boat off the trailer, twice while on the water, and again by another d bag when I got back. Its a bit much. i asked them if they had these things called radios or phones to let eachother know that the guy in the black boat has already been harrased enough. Didnt go over well, but they had me pissed by then. how many times do I need to have a govt. officer go through my boat and cooler in a day. Free country my ass.

unbelievable
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Olly » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:42 pm

I guess I'm lucky up here in the U.P.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Two wardens per county here in Texas. As long as you stay off the big lakes, which are madhouses anyways, your usually fine.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby sws002 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:20 pm

Olly wrote:I guess I'm lucky up here in the U.P.

I haven't heard any real horror stories from MI while I was up there. Matter of fact, we hunted opening day last year with the local DNR officer, hell of a good guy and we didn't even get checked. Could have been a real debacle, the old lady who owned the swamp we were hunting gave us and him permission to hunt. We found out he had received permission to hunt, but figured since it was opening day, chances are he wouldn't be hunting, turns out we were wrong. Had we known he was going to be hunting with us in the morning, there's a pretty good chance that we wouldn't have partied til 4 in the morning and passed on sleeping altogether. Only thing that surprised me is he was unable to identify a drake mallard in eclipse plumage, even in hand. We had a pair of mallards come in, and they both appeared to be hens, but when they swung in front of us, him and I both saw a hint of chestnut on his chest and while he was saying "The left one is a drake", I was pulling the trigger. When he had it in hand, he pulled out the wing and claimed it was a hen because its tertiaries weren't tipped white (or something like that), but both mallards we had (shot another one earlier, same situation) didn't have a spot of discoloration on the bill to be found.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby assateague » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:31 pm

I would've reserved judgement until I saw which way the break would have benefitted me. Screw those guys. I have met exactly two which are good guys (one's a great guy). The rest are douche hooks.
assateague

Postby QH's Paw » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:14 am

In Oregon, we don't have DNR. Our State troopers have a game enforcement division. They are not designated fish or game. They enforce both and, traffic if needed.
My son went to school with one of the OSP that frequent or local WMA and I've duck hunted with him several times. He is one helluva outdoorsman and sportsman in general. He's a stand up guy.
On the other hand, I've had 2 of the Staters that were total "D" bags (yes capital "D"). One had me take all my elk camp stuff out of my rig and string it out in the emergency lane of a freeway, during rush hour as I passed through a metro area. He then had the nuts to tell me "have a nice day" as he got in his rig and drove off with all my $h!t laying on the side of the road.
The other "D" bag searched what was left of my camp after I flagged him down to find out what I could do to report half my elk camp being stolen while I was gone. I mean we came back from resupply in town and some dirtbags had stole our tent and just about everything else we had there. Jackwagon don't cover that guy. When he was done trying to humiliate us, in our already messed up situation, he informs me state doesn't handle theft and I need to contact the local authoities for the area. We were in a state forest nowhere near any town.
When I hear the story about Claude Dallas and the Idaho cops, I imagine it was a cop like this "D"bag. Not saying what he did was right but, sometimes .........makes you wonder.
QH's Paw

Previous

Return to The Blind