Looks like I'm staying in for another 4

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Looks like I'm staying in for another 4

Postby Olly » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:34 pm

I'll be staying in the Coast Guard for another 4 years at least. Just got word that I got a highly saught after recruiter position. It's pretty much one of the best jobs in the CG from what I understand. So instead of getting out in the spring I'll be raising my hand for another four!

I just got a lot more hunting time.....
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Re: Looks like I'm staying in for another 4

Postby AKPirate » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:36 pm

Olly wrote:I'll be staying in the Coast Guard for another 4 years at least. Just got word that I got a highly saught after recruiter position. It's pretty much one of the best jobs in the CG from what I understand. So instead of getting out in the spring I'll be raising my hand for another four!

I just got a lot more hunting time.....

Olly- Doing twenty has a lot of upside to it, Congrats!
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:40 pm

When I'm done with tis next tour that'll put me at an even 10 so it's doubtful I'll get out then.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:56 pm

:thumbsup:

Where's the recruiting station?
assateague

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Congrats and 20 won't be so bad.
goodkarmarising

Postby Redbeard » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:04 pm

Congrats Olly!
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Olly » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:04 pm

assateague wrote::thumbsup:

The list of stations comes out Friday and I'll know by OCT where I am going. Gulf Coast is my first choice, south Texas would be my dream spot.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Do you have to stay there, or do you just get a recruiter identifier, and can then go elsewhere? Not sure how the CG works.
assateague

Postby Olly » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:19 pm

assateague wrote:Do you have to stay there, or do you just get a recruiter identifier, and can then go elsewhere? Not sure how the CG works.

I will stop doing my current job for 4 year and be a recruiter somewhere new. Then when I'm done with that I'll go back to my current job somewhere new.

Sent from the hidey hole.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Redbeard » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:26 pm

Olly wrote:
assateague wrote:Do you have to stay there, or do you just get a recruiter identifier, and can then go elsewhere? Not sure how the CG works.

I will stop doing my current job for 4 year and be a recruiter somewhere new. Then when I'm done with that I'll go back to my current job somewhere new.

come out to Humboldt. We've got a station here. And with me here you'll have automatic hunting spots
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:01 pm

Olly wrote:

CG duty stations are 4 year tours? That seems like a long time at one place.
assateague

Postby Tomkat » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Way to go COASTIE

( I just cant get used to Oly...name change?)
Tomkat

Postby Olly » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:21 pm

assateague wrote:
Olly wrote:

CG duty stations are 4 year tours? That seems like a long time at one place.

Yea they are, I wish you could stay in one place longer.

Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:46 pm

this is really kind of a letdown for me. no homo but i was really lookin forward to your homecoming.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Westie25 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Olly wrote:

come out to Humboldt. We've got a station here. And with me here you'll have automatic hunting spots

And the weed is killer.
Westie25

Postby Olly » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:09 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:this is really kind of a letdown for me. no homo but i was really lookin forward to your homecoming.

If Savannah is on the list I'll be putting it down. Even though duck hunting in GA leaves something to be desired to say the least :lol:

Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Olly wrote:
assateague wrote::thumbsup:

The list of stations comes out Friday and I'll know by OCT where I am going. Gulf Coast is my first choice, south Texas would be my dream spot.

My best friends last station was corpus. He got to do a lot of duck hunting..and hes not really a big hunter.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:this is really kind of a letdown for me. no homo but i was really lookin forward to your homecoming.

Even though duck hunting in GA leaves something to be desired to say the least :lol:

I see it as a challenge. and you really can eat everything you kill.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby blackrhino » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Great news Coastie! Hope you get the station you want. If you end up in Savanna you won't be too far from our lease. Be glad to take you as a guest.
blackrhino

Postby i shoot spoonies » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:27 am

Redbeard wrote:
Olly wrote:

youll have automatic hunting spots... not sure on the legalities tho...
Feelin' Fowl wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:Hahaha! Weiner snob.

Damn right! Only the best wieners go in my mouth!
i shoot spoonies

Postby huntntech » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:52 am

Congrats on the new position. :thumbsup:
huntntech

Postby Goldfish » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:34 am

i shoot spoonies wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
Olly wrote:

youll have automatic hunting spots... not sure on the legalities tho...

No one questions the man with the badge.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby benelliquackstacker » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:02 am

If you ever get down Louisiana way, theres always room for a coastie in the blind.
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

Thats right pilgrim were here to kill your women and rape your horses- Bootlipkiller (bootliplicker)
benelliquackstacker

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:06 am

Dayum olly! Who's d you gotta suck to get a recruiter spot.

Jk, every recruiter I've ever met was up there in rank, that's for sure. The one who administered my ASVAB test was a senior chief. They must really like you.

Way to go buddy.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Savannah, GA
Mobile, AL
Orlando, FL
Tampa, FL
Louisville, KY
Atlanta(1), GA
Atlanta(2), GA
Houston, TX
Oklahoma City, OK
Portsmouth, VA

Those are my top 10 picks on the list that just came out this morning. The others were all California and the north east.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Why the hell florida? That place is being taken over and going downhill fast.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:52 pm

Flightstopper wrote:Why the hell florida? That place is being taken over and going downhill fast.

It's better than everywhere else on the list. Plus middle/north FL isn't bad. There were also 3 Miami slots on the list and I will not be putting them down. South FL is a bad place...
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:53 pm

And Atlanta? Ish.
assateague

Postby assateague » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:53 pm

When you move, are we going to be WFF-less for a couple weeks?
assateague

Postby Olly » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:24 pm

assateague wrote:When you move, are we going to be WFF-less for a couple weeks?

Working on a plan for that. I won't be moving until next summer so we have some time.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Next

Return to The Blind