Looks like I'm staying in for another 4

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Looks like I'm staying in for another 4

Postby huntall6 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Olly wrote:I felt the opposite way about the city. I did not like it or its people, ran into some of the rudest people in my life there.

Maybe if I hadn't been so busy with training and I could have gone further north where Red hails from I might not be so anti left coast.

Sent using Tapatalk

you'd be surprised how conservative California can be. We're a leader in agriculture and oil. Farmers and roughnecks aren't lefties. Unfortunately when folks think of California, L.A and San Fran are the first to pop into their minds

Its the same way here, Red. Everyone thinks of Chitcago when they hear Illinois.
Redbeard wrote:Buy not when. I hit that damne pole

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Big dick cakes are delicious!
huntall6

Postby Olly » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:00 pm

huntall6 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
Olly wrote:I felt the opposite way about the city. I did not like it or its people, ran into some of the rudest people in my life there.

Maybe if I hadn't been so busy with training and I could have gone further north where Red hails from I might not be so anti left coast.

Sent using Tapatalk

you'd be surprised how conservative California can be. We're a leader in agriculture and oil. Farmers and roughnecks aren't lefties. Unfortunately when folks think of California, L.A and San Fran are the first to pop into their minds

Its the same way here, Red. Everyone thinks of Chitcago when they hear Illinois.

I think of the only state in the union not to issue concealed permits. I will never step foot in IL for that single reason.

Sent using Tapatalk
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Redbeard » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:23 pm

I think of Senator Obama
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:12 pm

I think of Da Bears.
assateague

Postby huntall6 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:44 pm

Olly wrote:
huntall6 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

Sent using Tapatalk

I think of the only state in the union not to issue concealed permits. I will never step foot in IL for that single reason.

Sent using Tapatalk

tell me about it!! :evil: there are only 3 counties that voted democrat in the last election here. two were Chitcago, and one around St. Louis. the rest of the state is as conservative as it gets. hell, most cops here in downstate are pissed that we dont have CC.
Redbeard wrote:Buy not when. I hit that damne pole

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Big dick cakes are delicious!
huntall6

Postby Bulldog0156 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:07 am

Coastie, you going to miss the Soo? I loved my time up there and miss it a lot. Not nearly as good of hunting and fishing as where I'm at right now, but the area really grew on me. I loved running my boat on the St. Mary's and the fantastic walleye fishing for big fish. Hunting wasn't bad either, but nowhere near as good as I have it now!
Bulldog0156

Postby blackrhino » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:27 am

Orlando is a shit hole but as mentioned before Titusville has some great fishing and hunting. You can wade fish for tailing Reds and rolling tarpon with out a boat. South of there are the STA's (storm treatment areas that are all draw hunts and then walk in hunts as hunters leave. More Teal and Fl Mallards than you can imagine. Go to Myfwc.com and check the Waterfowling section. Tampa is a big old cool city. Tampa Bay is a fishermans dream but much better with a boat. CCW permits are easy to get and highly recommended in any of those cities.
Oh on a side note PM me your address for the Rambler.
blackrhino

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:13 am

It's unoffical but it looks like I'll be moving to Mobile, AL.

:beer:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Redbeard » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:26 am

Olly wrote:It's unoffical but it looks like I'll be moving to Mobile, AL.

how close to home is that?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:33 am

Redbeard wrote:

how close to home is that?

About 5 1/2 hours. It was my number 3 pick so I'm happy with it.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:59 pm

thats about as diffrent as sault st marie as one can get
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Olly » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:13 am

jehler wrote:

Yea I don't know how to feel about it. I love the gulf coast and am excited to get back there but I also don't want to leave this quite life up here. Living in the U.P. has been pretty fun and I will miss it.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:48 am

Olly wrote:
jehler wrote:

Yea I don't know how to feel about it. I love the gulf coast and am excited to get back there but I also don't want to leave this quite life up here. Living in the U.P. has been pretty fun and I will miss it.

Life is pretty simple up there for sure. But being back by saltwater and a little diversity will be nice I bet
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Olly » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:52 am

jehler wrote:
Olly wrote:
jehler wrote:

Life is pretty simple up there for sure. But being back by saltwater and a little diversity will be nice I bet

I think the thing I like most about the U.P. is the lack of people.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:00 am

Olly wrote:
jehler wrote:
Olly wrote:
jehler wrote:

I think the thing I like most about the U.P. is the lack of people.

The fact that three cars at a stop sign would be a traffic jamb that would get talked about for days is a nice thing isn't it. The sault I what traverse city was like when I was a kid. I'm ready to move north, or west
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:08 am

Olly, Doc and I are going to Talladega in the spring. You should make the trip up. It doesn't matter if you like NASCAR or not- it'll be a blast.
assateague

Postby Olly » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:25 am

assateague wrote:Olly, Doc and I are going to Talladega in the spring. You should make the trip up. It doesn't matter if you like NASCAR or not- it'll be a blast.

I won't be moved down to AL until June or July of 2013. NASCAR is a good time in person.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby capt1972 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Olly wrote:
assateague wrote:Olly, Doc and I are going to Talladega in the spring. You should make the trip up. It doesn't matter if you like NASCAR or not- it'll be a blast.

I won't be moved down to AL until June or July of 2013. NASCAR is a good time in person.

There is always the October race....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby broccoli » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:10 pm

You'll have to come up to Tuscaloosa sometime after you get moved and ill take you on a hunt. I can't promise any birds but a good time will be had
broccoli

Postby Olly » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:12 pm

broccoli wrote:You'll have to come up to Tuscaloosa sometime after you get moved and ill take you on a hunt. I can't promise any birds but a good time will be had

I'm sure I'll be taking you up on that offer! Hopefully I'll have enough time to get some good spots for the 2013-2014 season down there.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby benelliquackstacker » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 pm

Olly wrote:
broccoli wrote:You'll have to come up to Tuscaloosa sometime after you get moved and ill take you on a hunt. I can't promise any birds but a good time will be had

I'm sure I'll be taking you up on that offer! Hopefully I'll have enough time to get some good spots for the 2013-2014 season down there.

You wont be too far from the Indas to by the way... Roughly 3 hours
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

Thats right pilgrim were here to kill your women and rape your horses- Bootlipkiller (bootliplicker)
benelliquackstacker

Postby huntfishnv » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Olly did you go to the academy?
huntfishnv

Postby Olly » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Nope, I'm an enlisted man.

Sent using Tapatalk
Olly
WFF Administrator

Previous

Return to The Blind