Missing Flight 370 theories

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Missing Flight 370 theories

Postby Olly » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:36 am

What does everyone think?

If I had to guess from the lack of debris and lack of both transponders that the plane was hijacked and has landed intact somewhere.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Re: Missing plane theories

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:37 am

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:18 pm
huntall6 wrote:MT is right.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Re: Missing Flight 370 theories

Postby Goldfish » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:43 am

Wasn't there two known crazies seen at the airport it took off from?
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:46 am

Goldfish wrote:Wasn't there two known crazies seen at the airport it took off from?

I think that got debunked quickly. One of the leading theories right now is that the pilots themselves diverted the plane fir reasons ranging from terrorism to selling the plane or it's parts on the black market. I guess 777 parts are very expensive because Boeing controls the market on them.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:51 am

I read a book about 4 years ago, I think it was by Vince Flynn, one of those spy novels/save the world type novels. In it, a terrorist group arranged to hijack an airliner exactly this way, landed it on a small airstrip in central Africa, repainted it as a British Airways flight, and rigged up a counterfeit transponder. Then a nuke was loaded on board, and it was headed to New York. Of course the hero saved the day, but it's sort of creepy how this happened.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:51 am

Malaysian Triangle
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:54 am

What about all the people? And for the guys on here that would be in the know. How can a commercial airliner just disappear with out crashing or something? Wouldn't it be tracked if it was still airborne? You would think u.s military in the area would be able to track it?
Last edited by GadwallGetter530 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Woody » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:55 am

assateague wrote:I read a book about 4 years ago, I think it was by Vince Flynn, one of those spy novels/save the world type novels. In it, a terrorist group arranged to hijack an airliner exactly this way, landed it on a small airstrip in central Africa, repainted it as a British Airways flight, and rigged up a counterfeit transponder. Then a nuke was loaded on board, and it was headed to New York. Of course the hero saved the day, but it's sort of creepy how this happened.

A reason to avoid large cites.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby assateague » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:58 am

More than likely there's no military in the area. And to the best of my knowledge, that's what the transponder does- sends an active signal to radar stations, because they don't have the range to passively pick them up. So when it's turned off, they disappear. Out over the Indian Ocean (if that's where they went), there really isn't any radar. But as for those folks saying it flew to Pakistan, I just don't see it. No way is an airliner flying all the way across India and not popping up on radar. Because of their continuing "war" with Pakistan, they've got radar all over the place, both on the ground and airborne. Could probably just depressurize the cabin and all the passengers would go night-night, but I'm not sure about that part.
assateague

Postby Olly » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:06 am

assateague wrote:More than likely there's no military in the area. And to the best of my knowledge, that's what the transponder does- sends an active signal to radar stations, because they don't have the range to passively pick them up. So when it's turned off, they disappear. Out over the Indian Ocean (if that's where they went), there really isn't any radar. But as for those folks saying it flew to Pakistan, I just don't see it. No way is an airliner flying all the way across India and not popping up on radar. Because of their continuing "war" with Pakistan, they've got radar all over the place, both on the ground and airborne. Could probably just depressurize the cabin and all the passengers would go night-night, but I'm not sure about that part.

I would think that if it was hijacked it was landed ASAP to avoid using fuel. It might be harder to get enough AV fuel for a jet like that in and too a 3rd world landing strip than actually taking the plane.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:18 am

Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:28 am

Olly wrote:What does everyone think?

If I had to guess from the lack of debris and lack of both transponders that the plane was hijacked and has landed intact somewhere.

This is what my retired airline pilot grandfather says too. He also said the shitty radar capabilities in that part of the world would've made it very easy to turn off the transponders and get somewhere out of sight.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:28 am

But I say it was a time rip like in The Langoliers.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 am

(MT)Montanafowler wrote:Image

That kills me everytime! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby capt1972 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:38 am

(MT)Montanafowler wrote:Image

you beat me to it.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby triplecurl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:00 pm

I think this is pretty accurate. The transponders on those planes can't be disabled without extensive knowledge of the aircraft according to a former aviation official. Whether it's terrorism or the pilots stealing the plane, there's definitely something going other than a simple plane crash.
triplecurl

Postby capt1972 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:03 pm

triplecurl wrote:

I think this is pretty accurate. The transponders on those planes can't be disabled without extensive knowledge of the aircraft according to a former aviation official. Whether it's terrorism or the pilots stealing the plane, there's definitely something going other than a simple plane crash.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope it did just crash and sank in the ocean.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby AKPirate » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:04 pm

Olly wrote:
Goldfish wrote:Wasn't there two known crazies seen at the airport it took off from?

I think that got debunked quickly. One of the leading theories right now is that the pilots themselves diverted the plane fir reasons ranging from terrorism to selling the plane or it's parts on the black market. I guess 777 parts are very expensive because Boeing controls the market on them.

Hey Olly- Where did you see that the two guys using fake passports that were Iranian got debunked?
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby triplecurl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:04 pm

capt1972 wrote:
triplecurl wrote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope it did just crash and sank in the ocean.

Agreed, I just don't think that's what happened.
triplecurl

Postby Olly » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:05 pm

AKPirate wrote:
Olly wrote:

Hey Olly- Where did you see that the two guys using fake passports that were Iranian got debunked?

It was on the news but the media is so quick to report anything that it could have changed by now.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby capt1972 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:07 pm

AKPirate wrote:
Olly wrote:

I heard the same thing last night, don't remember what I was watching though. They stole the passports because they where seeking asylum. Supposedly.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:08 pm

In China? That's just stupid.
assateague

Postby AKPirate » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:09 pm

Olly wrote:
AKPirate wrote:
Olly wrote:

It was on the news but the media is so quick to report anything that it could have changed by now.

Roger, it's a fast moving story
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby capt1972 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:09 pm

assateague wrote:In China? That's just stupid.

Supposedly.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:51 pm

News media has got this...
My favorite news quote:
"Cars are going down the street. Some are going straight but others are turning right or left...dogs are barking. We don't know why...stay tuned."
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:57 pm

It was gremlins. Gee God. Don't you guys know anything?
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1394737031051.jpg[/attachment]
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby assateague » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:58 pm

capt1972 wrote:

Supposedly.

Apparently they weren't aware that China and Iran are good friends. Their asylum would've been short lived. :lol:
assateague

Postby capt1972 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:03 pm

aunt betty wrote:It was gremlins. Gee God. Don't you guys know anything?
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1394737031051.jpg[/attachment]

thats a Mogwai

this is a Gremlin
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Deltaman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:19 pm

assateague wrote:
capt1972 wrote:

Supposedly.

Apparently they weren't aware that China and Iran are good friends. Their asylum would've been short lived. :lol:

Seems like there was mention of them seeking Asylum in France or Germany, not China.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby waterfowlman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Two Iranian young men with stolen passports doesn't set off any red flags? Since when?
Maybe they're all just partying in the Seychelle Islands. @
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Next

Return to The Blind