AT would be proud

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: AT would be proud

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:48 am

jehler wrote:Yesterday I scored a wacker tacker cap nailer on the side of the road, even had a spare coil of caps ten feet down the ditch. How the hell do you loose that?

They probably feel like I do about them. Those things are high maintainence and a pain in the ass in general. Ive got a brand new one out in the garage, cant think of any reason to you it again.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:56 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
jehler wrote:Yesterday I scored a wacker tacker cap nailer on the side of the road, even had a spare coil of caps ten feet down the ditch. How the hell do you loose that?

They probably feel like I do about them. Those things are high maintainence and a pain in the ass in general. Ive got a brand new one out in the garage, cant think of any reason to you it again.

great, somebodey threw it there didnt loose it is waht your saying. I had illusions of never nailing a cap nail again :roll:
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Redbeard » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:09 am

I scored a craftsman crescent wrench and a brand new looking 2 gal gas tank...this week
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:20 am

Use deer feeders so you don't have to waste more time hunting them and get back to ducks.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Redbeard » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:04 am

Flightstopper wrote:Use deer feeders so you don't have to waste more time hunting them and get back to ducks.

exactly
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Olly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:11 am

Flightstopper wrote:Use deer feeders so you don't have to waste more time hunting them and get back to ducks.

I was thinking the same thing.

Sent using Tapatalk
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Goldfish » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Redbeard wrote:I scored a craftsman crescent wrench and a brand new looking 2 gal gas tank...this week

If it had that stupid new lever actuated filler anti-spill cap thing, they probably threw it out because those things are so frustrating to use and they usually end up breaking.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:04 pm

So do any of you master "deer" baters get out of the truck to "hunt" or do you roll down the window and listen to redneck tunes?
Spoken to MuddyWaterWarlock
aunt betty wrote:This is personal. You are a douchebag.
Hey douche, when a seeds sprouts roots...what is it called?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby JGUN » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:44 pm

I get out of the truck to sit in a heated elevated blind with windows, kick off my boots while hunting in blue jeans and a tee shirt, make a pot of coffee in my French press and then fire up the redneck tunes on my phone. I wait till the deer come out into the field, shoot them in the head and drive up to them with the truck to pick them up. Easy as pie. :grin:
JGUN

Postby assateague » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:44 pm

I get out of the truck as little as possible. In a perfect world, I can make the shot from the drivers seat, drive around the field to gut it and pick it up, then drive it directly under the gambrel. Why make it hard for yourself? Do you take a horse and buggy to work? Use a typewriter? Plow and combine a field with a team of mules?
assateague

Postby JGUN » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:51 pm

assateague wrote: Do you take a horse and buggy to work? Use a typewriter? Plow and combine a field with a team of mules?

suprised you don't? Gotta be cheaper than gas a computer and tractor. :grin:
JGUN

Postby Olly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:07 pm

I bet he catches fish with his bare hands and kills ducks without decoys.

Sent using Tapatalk
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:24 pm

jehler wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

great, somebodey threw it there didnt loose it is waht your saying. I had illusions of never nailing a cap nail again :roll:

Mine is a Bostich. Got it for doing fan fold and tuff-r....i find it easier to just hand nail.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:46 pm

We had a rep GIVE us one (if I remember right, it was a Duo-Fast), and it lasted about an hour before it went into the trailer never to get taken out again. The only thing I don't like about hand nailing is that the cap nails take up too much room in your bags, and you're always filling back up.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:24 pm

MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:So do any of you master "deer" baters get out of the truck to "hunt" or do you roll down the window and listen to redneck tunes?

hopefully roll down the windows and leave Merle playing
Redbeard

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Goldfish wrote:
Redbeard wrote:I scored a craftsman crescent wrench and a brand new looking 2 gal gas tank...this week

If it had that stupid new lever actuated filler anti-spill cap thing, they probably threw it out because those things are so frustrating to use and they usually end up breaking.

In this communist hippy infested state those are the only gas cans you can buy... I hate them with a passion! Who cares if some penguin is getting a sun tan in some far off place. I just want a gas can that pours gas! :evil:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby QH's Paw » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:05 pm

JGUN wrote:I get out of the truck to sit in a heated elevated blind with windows, kick off my boots while hunting in blue jeans and a tee shirt, make a pot of coffee in my French press and then fire up the redneck tunes on my phone. I wait till the deer come out into the field, shoot them in the head and drive up to them with the truck to pick them up. Easy as pie. :grin:

Why bother wasting time on building a blind. I sat in the house and my son came and told me when the elk were going to cross into the pasture. I went up shot her in the head and threw her in the quad trailer. She never knew what hit her and her legs buckled like a stock yard steer.

QH's Paw

Postby Goldfish » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Goldfish wrote:

In this communist hippy infested state those are the only gas cans you can buy... I hate them with a passion! Who cares if some penguin is getting a sun tan in some far off place. I just want a gas can that pours gas! :evil:

Unfortunately, it's country wide I believe
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:41 pm

QH's Paw wrote:
JGUN wrote:I get out of the truck to sit in a heated elevated blind with windows, kick off my boots while hunting in blue jeans and a tee shirt, make a pot of coffee in my French press and then fire up the redneck tunes on my phone. I wait till the deer come out into the field, shoot them in the head and drive up to them with the truck to pick them up. Easy as pie. :grin:

Why bother wasting time on building a blind. I sat in the house and my son came and told me when the elk were going to cross into the pasture. I went up shot her in the head and threw her in the quad trailer. She never knew what hit her and her legs buckled like a stock yard steer.

Now thats how you get it done ! Congrats :thumbsup: Send a few of those steaks and half the liver to MN
OGblackcloud

Postby JGUN » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:39 pm

QH's Paw wrote:

Nice! But if I stay home there's work to do.
JGUN

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:54 pm

assateague wrote:We had a rep GIVE us one (if I remember right, it was a Duo-Fast), and it lasted about an hour before it went into the trailer never to get taken out again. The only thing I don't like about hand nailing is that the cap nails take up too much room in your bags, and you're always filling back up.

I figured filling the belt up often, was faster than unjamming and fixing that POS. :lol:
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:44 pm

QH's Paw wrote:

nice. I'd love to stuff a cow into my freezer
Redbeard

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:02 pm

Redbeard wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:

She would have been a real trophy next year.

We don't have elk here, which sucks because I've always thought they looked tasty.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Decals on a truck window are lame, but they complete my garage
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346987239.492880.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:08 pm

Meant to put this in the 250 post thread. My bad AT. But maybe you'll be proud anyhow
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
OGblackcloud

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:34 pm

Redbeard wrote:Decals on a truck window are lame, but they complete my garage
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346987239.492880.jpg

Albino Mallards or Pekin?
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby QH's Paw » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:43 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:

We don't have elk here, which sucks because I've always thought they looked tasty.

They are tasty. The closest thing in the woods to beef only leaner.
QH's Paw

Postby Tiler_J » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:23 am

QH's Paw wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:

They are tasty. The closest thing in the woods to beef only leaner.

Better than beef, it is one of the best meats I have ever eaten.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind