Guess what

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Guess what

Postby Redbeard » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:28 am

3legged_lab wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:Image

do you really store or transport your gun like this? Or is this the day you brought her home?

Hell no. This a pic of packed up for canada. My gun hasn't been in that box since I took it out when I bought it.

ok very good
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Wednesday 0400 cant get here fast enough, I'm bouncing off the farking walls here.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:24 pm

I never would've guessed.
assateague

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Yep never would have guessed it. :popcorn:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Redbeard » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Do you have the shakes?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Redbeard wrote:Do you have the shakes?

No, its like the day before duck opens times 2.

If you guys are tired of me, I bet my wife is ready to sedate me.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:37 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Redbeard wrote:Do you have the shakes?

No, its like the day before duck opens times 2.

If you guys are tired of me, I bet my wife is ready to sedate me.

where ya headed?
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:32 pm

North East of Edmonton, AB. A little town called Two Hills.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:30 pm

3legged_lab wrote:North East of Edmonton, AB. A little town called Two Hills.

Outfitter or y'all free lance with a couple handles of rot gut and a case of smokes?
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:23 am

No, no, no- that's the Bigfoot hunt you're thinking of.
assateague

Postby Goldfish » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:08 am

I still have a week and two days before I take off to start my hunting excursion to northern MN and then on to Canada for a week. I'm trying to not pay attention to it though because apparently people's property taxes need to be paid (I deal with the escrow stuff, amongst all the other B-work I do around this place).
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:11 am

3leg sounds like a pretty good trip! I think most of us are bouncing off the walls! 11 days!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:01 am

assateague wrote:No, no, no- that's the Bigfoot hunt you're thinking of.

if we don't follow through and get a tv deal we are idiots. assa you obviously got the brains of the group, get the ball rolling, tell me who to call and i'm on it
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:58 am

Goldfish wrote:I still have a week and two days before I take off to start my hunting excursion to northern MN and then on to Canada for a week. I'm trying to not pay attention to it though because apparently people's property taxes need to be paid (I deal with the escrow stuff, amongst all the other B-work I do around this place).

sounds like someone needs to grow a pair
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:59 am

jehler wrote:

if we don't follow through and get a tv deal we are idiots. assa you obviously got the brains of the group, get the ball rolling, tell me who to call and i'm on it

a redneck Bigfoot hunters tv show would be a flippin hit.
Redbeard

Postby huntntech » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Redbeard wrote:
jehler wrote:

a redneck Bigfoot hunters tv show would be a flippin hit.

I'm ready to watch it, hurry up and get this going!! :lol:
huntntech

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Redbeard wrote:

Outfitter or y'all free lance with a couple handles of rot gut and a case of smokes?

Its with an outfitter. I'm going along with a couple guys who go back to the same guide every year, they just bring whatever buddies can afford to go that peticular year. I figure 3 days (6 hunts) with a guide is equivelent to a week of freelancing. Plus shells and meals are included.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:24 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

Its with an outfitter. I'm going along with a couple guys who go back to the same guide every year, they just bring whatever buddies can afford to go that peticular year. I figure 3 days (6 hunts) with a guide is equivelent to a week of freelancing. Plus shells and meals are included.

outstanding. Curious what that costs. Care to pm me the details. Interested in making a trip in a few years
Redbeard

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:34 pm

Shoot 'em up tripod, take lots of pics! Would love to do a trip in a few years.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Redbeard wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

outstanding. Curious what that costs. Care to pm me the details. Interested in making a trip in a few years

I think the Outfitter's regular price is $2200, that includes everything from pick up at Edmonton International to meals, shells, decoys set, bird cleaning, and a fresh hunting spot every day. Extras are licence, airfare, tip, and gun import.

I figured it out a while back, (I bought my passport in Feb, and airfare in March partly with air miles) tip included I'm gonna be in it around $2500. I know it sounds like a lot, but I saved for it for 2 years and have been wanting it for 5 or 6 years. Funny thing is, it was the Mrs. that said quit whishin' and start savin'.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:55 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

I think the Outfitter's regular price is $2200, that includes everything from pick up at Edmonton International to meals, shells, decoys set, bird cleaning, and a fresh hunting spot every day. Extras are licence, airfare, tip, and gun import.

I figured it out a while back, (I bought my passport in Feb, and airfare in March partly with air miles) tip included I'm gonna be in it around $2500. I know it sounds like a lot, but I saved for it for 2 years and have been wanting it for 5 or 6 years. Funny thing is, it was the Mrs. that said quit whishin' and start savin'.

that's the way to do it. I'd have to save double. No way Sam would let me go without him
Redbeard

Postby broccoli » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Sounds like that's going to be a good trip I'm jealous
broccoli

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:17 pm

Redbeard wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Redbeard wrote:outstanding. Curious what that costs. Care to pm me the details. Interested in making a trip in a few years

that's the way to do it. I'd have to save double. No way Sam would let me go without him

Oops, forgot to mention the guy I'm going with has been going for many years to the same guide and gets a "returning customer" discount. Otherwise I'd assume it'd be around 3k all said and done if you had to pay full price for plane tickets.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:57 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Redbeard wrote:outstanding. Curious what that costs. Care to pm me the details. Interested in making a trip in a few years

Oops, forgot to mention the guy I'm going with has been going for many years to the same guide and gets a "returning customer" discount. Otherwise I'd assume it'd be around 3k all said and done if you had to pay full price for plane tickets.

10-4
Redbeard

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Have a good trip! :beer:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:59 am

Later beeotches, I'll try to save a few for the migration, headed to the airport
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:19 am

Be safe, don't like the TSA get to friendly :lol:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:35 am

Godspeed tripod!
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:40 am

Tear 'em up!!

Damn autocorrect almost changed 'em to 'me... Not a good week for mistypes
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong