T Minus 9hrs and counting

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

T Minus 9hrs and counting

Postby capt1972 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Till archery season opens. Can't wait.Image
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Re: T Minus 9hrs and counting

Postby Olly » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:15 pm

Good luck!

Sent using Tapatalk
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:23 pm

I've never killed anything with a bow before. Never even been bow hunting before. I like the idea of it, but with the price of a good bow, and the limited use of it, I'll keep killing my deer the easy way.

On a side note, I've killed 2 deer with my bare hands, and never one with a bow, true story :lol:
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby jarbo03 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Good luck Capt. Muzzleloader opens on Mon, thinking bout whackin a doe to fill the freezer.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby jehler » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:43 pm

Bare hands huh, I want to hear this story
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby teb » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Bare handed kill.... did you use the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique?
teb

Postby Goldfish » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:19 am

teb wrote:Bare handed kill.... did you use the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique?

No, but I ate a brownie once.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:51 am

jehler wrote:Bare hands huh, I want to hear this story

I'll go ahead and say that I am sure I'll get flamed for it. That and I probably shouldn't be saying it on public forums, but...whatever, I'll do what I want.

I was stationed in Pisa, Italy at an Army Camp called Camp Darby. Not sure if anyone has ever heard of it, but it's an old school munitions dump thats located on WWII battlegrounds, which is now a national forest. We were out during work loking for old Howitzer rounds laying around....found 5 or so up to that point and we saw 2 bucks locked up, throwing each other around. We watched for a little while then realized they had been together for quite a while. I decided to try and seperate them so I went up and jumped on one, got the crap kicked out of me and didn't get them apart. So I got up and decided to kill one of them then try to break the antlers off to free the other. Tried sleeper holding it to put it down before I cut its throat, but I guess wwe moves don't work on wildlife. Ended up cutting its throat, which seemed like it to forever to die that way. I got a rock and started to try and break the antlers off the dead one, but they are huge, like moose antlers on the deer over there, so it took a good couple minutes before I got one off. I unlocked that one and the next one came apart with two people prying on it. I get up to watch the other one take off, and, nothing. Damn neck was broke, I euthanized the wrong one. You know what happens after that, and I felt pretty dumb, but I tried I guess.

I forgot to mention about the population of deer over there. There is no hunting, so they are like mosquitos with monster racks. They have to do a round up every year and get rid of a ton to keep them out of the cities.

Thats the story. was cool to try and help, but didnt help a thing besides speed the inevitable up.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Return to The Blind