The Story of the Emu

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

The Story of the Emu

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:16 am

I guess it's been a while, so here it is.

The neighbor had two emus. They were kicking the crap out of his goats and dogs, terrorizing the kids, and generally just causing problems. They kept kicking out of the fence, and finally he decided to stop looking for them. Good riddance, he figured. But then, after a couple months, he got tired of the Sheriff's office and Animal Control calling him every time somebody saw them. Animal Control said they were going to bring a trap roughly the size of a car trailer, and he wasn't pleased about the bill he would most likely get for this. I asked him if he cared if I shot them, if I could find them. He was overjoyed about this prospect and said he'd help. We heard stories from a hunting camp (just a bunch of trailers) back in the woods that people had seen one emu on the trail cams, so that's where we planned to try it. After exhaustive research, it was determined that an empty 5-gallon bucket is the best emu call. Just tap on it like a drum. And wear bright colors, because they're attracted to colorful things. Maybe all emus have ADD, I don't know. Couldn't decide what gun/rifle/round/shells to use, and settled on my .35. It's killed everything else, why not an emu.

So we set up amongst those trailers at the empty hunting camp. We still weren't sure it was 100% legal, but as there was no emu season, we figured the hell with it. He was tapping on the bucket, and within 5 minutes one emu came walking into the camp from the woods. We had to move around a bit, so I didn't blow a hole in someone's trailer, but the emu wasn't the brightest. I finally got my buddy to stop beating on the bucket, the emu stopped, and the rest is history. If I would have let the video go another 20 seconds, you would have got to see my buddy frantically flailing to get away from the shot emu as it started kicking and freaking out. And then I hung it and butchered it, we split the meat, and ate like champs for a couple days. There's another one out there, but so far, no dice.

109.JPG

110.JPG

120.JPG
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague

Re: The Story of the Emu

Postby jehler » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:20 am

Trevor is wearing a leopard skin vest
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:33 pm

Steve French, show her your huge package.
assateague

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:35 pm

Just started the next one. Just stole a propane truck to hide weed in to take it to a Snoop Dogg show. "All we have to do is empty the propane out and put the weed in there". This has hilarity written all over it.
assateague

Postby jehler » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:45 pm

I really don't know if there has been funnier television made
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:48 pm

This episode is better than Conky. Sorry. It'll all be peaches and cake fellas.
assateague

Postby jehler » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:49 pm

I don't remember it, season 4 and 5 are awesome. Jr and I are going to have to re watch, it's as funny or better the second time
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby jehler » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Conky comes back.... A lot of tape and super glue haha!
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:51 pm

"Holy f**k Ricky, you come in there like Seabiscuit, you don't bother with brakes anymore?"

I'm crying.
assateague

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:59 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They had me rolling when they went to meet the drug dealer and started shooting in the tunnel.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:00 pm

I can't wait to get further into it
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Was that the same episode Bubbles lit up the grocery store with the Uzi? Thought I was going to piss myself.
assateague

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Idk it's the night the internet crapped out on me. I think it's the same one where Ricky's daughter shoots him. It's the Mrs. Jenkins dog gets high as fark episode
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:14 pm

This I'd my buddy. You can bet he gets crap for his looks
uploadfromtaptalk1348085677128.jpg

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:49 pm

thanks Assa :thumbsup:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:28 pm

That is a classic!! Beating on a bucket!! I'm so glad the Emu came in or you would have looked like a freakin idiot!! Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
Spoken to MuddyWaterWarlock
aunt betty wrote:This is personal. You are a douchebag.
Hey douche, when a seeds sprouts roots...what is it called?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby possumfoot » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:36 pm

trailer park boys.. come one guys.. :fishing:

that shit is pretty funny.
Redbeard wrote:It's sad that a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wild dogs.
possumfoot

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:45 pm

I thought I lost this gun three years ago (fires into ceiling) kickass its loaded too!
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Weston81 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:17 am

So we've heard the Emu story, now lets hear why you catch all the grief over pintails. I was new to the HH when all the Emu hunting talk started and honestly thought it was a joke. Low and behold the more I read I began to realize that this was the real deal.
Weston81

Postby Olly » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:30 am

Moved to a new forum, Tales of the Hunt. Thanks for the great story Assa! May it be around for many future WFFers to enjoy.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:52 am

Weston81 wrote:So we've heard the Emu story, now lets hear why you catch all the grief over pintails. I was new to the HH when all the Emu hunting talk started and honestly thought it was a joke. Low and behold the more I read I began to realize that this was the real deal.

I have some sort of thing with pintails. Sort of like buck fever. Where I hunt, it's wide open- you can see for miles. Whenever I see sprigs coming in (I usually see them in pairs), I can never contain myself until they get close and/or commit. I freak out and throw up the gun way early. I think the closest I've ever let them get was probably about 60 yards, but it's generally closer to 80. I don't know why, I just get retarded.
assateague

Postby Weston81 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:50 am

For some reason over the last two years our field has never gotten into them. Last year my dad shot the first and only one thus far from our field, it's actually a decent story. I've pasted the picture of our blind below on it's platform so you get the idea of what happened. Second to last day of the season and my Dad goes out by himself hoping for any kind of action as it had been dead for almost a week. He is sitting in the blind and a duck lands to his right hand side, not know exactly what it is because of the heavy brushing on the blind he decidides he is going to sneak across the blind and stick his gun barrell through the mesh and shoot the duck. He makes it all the way over and gets his gun through the mesh and the duck takes off. Being in a squated position and no way to aim he leans back, points and lets it rip. Sure enough he drops it. Only when he gets out of the blind does he realize it's a nice bull sprig.................what a jerk!
Weston81

Postby Woody » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Did it taste good?
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby assateague » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:30 pm

It was pretty good. Lot of meat on one of those legs, though. Not much different than a chicken thigh.
assateague

Postby blackcloud870 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:18 pm

One of the greatest quotes in hunting forum history came from this hunt, " I told you guys. I ain't getting that close. One of the things tried to kill Johnny Cash" ~ Assa :clapping:
blackcloud870

Postby Tomkat » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:11 am

Mr emu went down when he was hit. What would a good turkey choke/load do to him? You were close enough for heavy metal, etc

All better now!
Tomkat

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:56 pm

blackcloud870 wrote:One of the greatest quotes in hunting forum history came from this hunt, " I told you guys. I ain't getting that close. One of the things tried to kill Johnny Cash" ~ Assa :clapping:

Agreed. That's one of my favorites.

I think this is where something clever about tapatalk should go.
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Redbeard » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:32 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376505163.944574.jpg
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Wrong thread Red. Don't know where you meant to post that, but I know you didn't post in the right thread.
Bulldog0156

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Ssshhhhh. It's fine right there.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Next

Return to The Blind