Is nothing sacred anymore...venting

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Is nothing sacred anymore...venting

Postby Baysider » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:57 am

So I logged on this morning to a fishing forum that Im a member of. Ive heard that the off shore bite has been awesome and wanted to check out some pics since I havent had a chance to get offshore in years. As Im looking down the list I see a thread with the name of the creek I live/fish on. I check it out and what do you know, another favorite fishing hole burned on the interwebs. Do people no longer have friends to talk to face to face, do they want 1,000 boats in the same spot? WTF Sure, its public waters, but my lord keep your freakin mouth shut, catch your fish, and do it without telling the world to make yourself feel popular. I plan to fish next to this guy for the rest of the year. He will not get away, my boat is much faster.
The real problem is that the internet scouters for fishing are the same for hunting. The ducktards, if you will, seem to fish too. They run deep V boats onto the flats, play loud music, slam the anchor on the bottom of the boat, etc. This is what that morons post will bring.
Have you guys had fishing/hunting spots burned due to morons on the interwebs? This crap is getting old. :evil:
MOhuntingGuy wrote: Went with the fuse accessories axium 6 inch doinker style.
Baysider

Re: Is nothing sacred anymore...venting

Postby assateague » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:34 am

I've been lucky. But I always lie, especially about deer. When I shot that big buck last year, there were people all over the chunk of public land I told everybody I shot it on. About 18 miles away.
assateague

Postby Baysider » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:37 am

There is an island between me and Tangier Island. Every citation fish I turn in has been caught at this island. The fishing there is incredible. Ive posted a few pics of 6-8 lb trout Ive caught recently and told them I caught them in the other burnt spot about 20 miles away. Hopefully my damage control works. :lol:
Baysider

Postby grizz18 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:46 am

Stranger- "Where'd you pull those from"
Me- " The water"

If you engage in a convo and seem to want more than GPS coordinates you get one of 3 answers...

1) The river...if your really nice I'll tell you N or S in the river.
2) ICW
3) Ocean
grizz18

Postby Baysider » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:52 am

Grizz my posted responce is what I tell my friends. :lol: I take them fishing and they say "what, wait why arent we heading......"
If a stranger asks the answer is I fish the Chesapeake Bay and hunt on the bayside and seaside marsh. The Eastern Shore is only but so big. They should be able to figure it out. :lol:
Baysider

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:57 pm

If you've ever cruised through the KS forum on DHC, then you know how bad they are about internet scouters. When I hunted with TK and GKR last january on a certain river. It was at an 'undisclosed location'. Thats exactly how I put it too. Granted, we accessed this certain river through private land, but still. The lake I hunt is well known. Hell its the closest decent sized lake near Kansas City. I hunt the crap outta that lake and so do about a million other jackasses. But you have to know all the little secret spots to have a decent day out there. And when people ask me where abouts I was on the lake, I just say "Oh up on the north end" or "On the east side." I'm not giving up my sweet little coves and islands.
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Here in my home town we live within 15 miles of 3 major rivers and fishing is a big deal for anyone who is not homosexual... :lol: and because this area is so good for striper, salmon, steelhead, Shad, sturgeon, and many other species. we get people coming from all over california and nevada to do some fishing, some with guides and some free lancers. you can always tell the out of towers because they have a 26 foot aluminum jet boat and cant back it down the ramp or drive it with out causing all out chaos. oh and I forgot to mention their choice of Eddie Bower fishing vest and long brimmed hats for clothing. :lol: around here are biggest spot burners are a few select guides and the local bait shop. most guides realize that if they bump their gums about where the big run of stripers is on the river it hurts their fishing and they don't tell anyone. but there is one young gun out there who thinks he is a fishing "Guru" and is on the radio every saturday telling the masses where the fish are and how to catch them he post pictures everyday of his trips on the net and appears in magazine articles with Maps on how to get to the current hot spots. people have gotten so mad at him his tires on his truck have been slashed, people cuss him out but he keeps up with it. his excuse for everyone hating him is that people are jealous of his success. the funny part is he is to stupid to notice he does just as well as every other guide and the only reason he gets special attention is because he is willing to burn spots to the damn ground. :evil: :evil: :evil:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Redbeard » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Baysider wrote:So I logged on this morning to a fishing forum that Im a member of. Ive heard that the off shore bite has been awesome and wanted to check out some pics since I havent had a chance to get offshore in years. As Im looking down the list I see a thread with the name of the creek I live/fish on. I check it out and what do you know, another favorite fishing hole burned on the interwebs. Do people no longer have friends to talk to face to face, do they want 1,000 boats in the same spot? WTF Sure, its public waters, but my lord keep your freakin mouth shut, catch your fish, and do it without telling the world to make yourself feel popular. I plan to fish next to this guy for the rest of the year. He will not get away, my boat is much faster.
The real problem is that the internet scouters for fishing are the same for hunting. The ducktards, if you will, seem to fish too. They run deep V boats onto the flats, play loud music, slam the anchor on the bottom of the boat, etc. This is what that morons post will bring.
Have you guys had fishing/hunting spots burned due to morons on the interwebs? This crap is getting old. :evil:

I think this is funny
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:02 pm

I know it's different everywhere you go, but I don't care who sees my hunting spots. For one reason and one reason only....you will NEVER get to hunt them without me being there. That is unless you trespass and don't get caught, but the chances of that are very slim. I know not everyone has this option, but I do. The public land I hunt, I usually have multiple spots holding birds, and very few people are ever on the water before me.

It brings up a funny scene from last year that me and my two hunting buddies have laughed about all year. There is a pretty big WMA that we hunt opening day and have an island we always go to that no one ever seems to want to go to. We get all set up and notice someone about 500 yards across the water set up on the shore in the cattails. Shooting time comes and we pounded the ducks. Had our limit in 30 minutes so when we were picking up I noticed a glare coming from across the water. I got my binocs and noticed they were doing the same to us. Needless to say we come back next Saturday..after I scouted it out friday and saw the birds were on the side they were on. I noticed someone on the island we usually hunt, but no big deal although we were there super early. We set up across the water in the cat tails and once again bang out our limit in an hour, and we had 3 extra people. Look across with the binocs and it's the same group from the week before and they never fired a shot the whole time we were there. Tons of birds were moving in there still so we went back the next day to find them back in their original spot, so again, we went back to the island about 100 yards around the side of where we were the first day, and the two of us limited again. This time when we were picking up, they started picking up too. We headed back to the DEC station to sign out and tey pull up behind us, never said a word to me. As I was leaving I decided to ask them how the birds were moving for them, he simply said "Wouldn't know, you guys shot them all on us 3 times in a row" I smiled and said sorry and that was that.

Trying to steal spots gets you nowhere in my opinion. Real scouting is what produces birds.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Return to The Blind