The right thing to do

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

The right thing to do

Postby Lamboicon » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:43 pm

Last year on a late scouting trip my brother and I found a island off the beaten path. We walked the island for about two hours finding some little water holes here and there all looked like wood duck were using them. So I gps the spot and moved on. I was walking the edge of the island and saw some coots swimming and followed them around the point. Anyways I found a sweet spot to hunt for the next weekend and started to build a blind up. I went in the woods to get some Bambo for the blind and found about 15 dead hens with the breast pulled and the body's left. What would be the right thing to do?
Lamboicon

Re: The right thing to do

Postby Olly » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:51 pm

Lamboicon wrote:Last year on a late scouting trip my brother and I found a island off the beaten path. We walked the island for about two hours finding some little water holes here and there all looked like wood duck were using them. So I gps the spot and moved on. I was walking the edge of the island and saw some coots swimming and followed them around the point. Anyways I found a sweet spot to hunt for the next weekend and started to build a blind up. I went in the woods to get some Bambo for the blind and found about 15 dead hens with the breast pulled and the body's left. What would be the right thing to do?

If you want to hunt the location I would call green jeans just to cover your butt. If you don't want to hunt there I would just move on.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Stake it out and go vigilante on their ass
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Look on the bright side..... you know wood ducks are using the area.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby blackrhino » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:27 pm

I would have reported it but kept the GPS #. Once they busted the outlaws you might have a sweet spot to hunt.
blackrhino

Postby Lamboicon » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:26 pm

I saved the spot at graveyard. So I will be going back this year. If I run across this agin I'll be calling it in for sure
Lamboicon

Postby Redbeard » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:48 pm

jehler wrote:Stake it out and go vigilante on their ass

for sure. Not enough vigilante justice being handed out these days
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Return to The Blind