What's the deal.

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

What's the deal.

Postby Lamboicon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:01 am

I went real hunting morning and left early so I could add to the blind and get everything set up with time to have a cup of coffee. Well 15 min before shooting light a group of bout four pull up about 120 yards down wind of me. I shine him with the q beam and nothing. The whole time they are yelling and making noise. All the birds work the spread then circle and guess what lets sky blast them. Rant over on the good note say about 250 to 300 teal.
Lamboicon

Re: What's the deal.

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:35 am

Shoulda sprayed them for even being born
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jehler » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:04 pm

That's why I carry BBB Loads
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Olly » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Happened to me yesterday. Opening Day is always the least fun.

Sent using Tapatalk
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Redbeard » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:02 pm

Why do you seem surprised?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Westie25 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Redbeard wrote:Why do you seem surprised?

Exactly. Always a goat roping on opening day.
Westie25

Postby assateague » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:23 pm

I must just be fortunate. This sort of thing has never really happened to me.
assateague

Postby Lamboicon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Not surprised just never understand that. If I was pulling up to a hole and some one beat me to it I'll just move on. Not 120 yards from them. I had some bass fishermen last year almost run a spinner in between my decoys so the first coot that came his was was shot. Almost got that pretty little bass boat of his.
Lamboicon

Postby Olly » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Lamboicon wrote:Not surprised just never understand that. If I was pulling up to a hole and some one beat me to it I'll just move on. Not 120 yards from them. I had some bass fishermen last year almost run a spinner in between my decoys so the first coot that came his was was shot. Almost got that pretty little bass boat of his.

Some people just don't care. Yesterday we listened to their shot landing in the water 20 ft from us all morning. If it had been a little closer I would have returned a volley for sure.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby i shoot spoonies » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Lamboicon wrote:I went real hunting morning and left early so I could add to the blind and get everything set up with time to have a cup of coffee. Well 15 min before shooting light a group of bout four pull up about 120 yards down wind of me. I shine him with the q beam and nothing. The whole time they are yelling and making noise. All the birds work the spread then circle and guess what lets sky blast them. Rant over on the good note say about 250 to 300 teal.

rolled down the window and poof out comes a columbian sauna
Feelin' Fowl wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:Hahaha! Weiner snob.

Damn right! Only the best wieners go in my mouth!
i shoot spoonies

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:44 pm

After reading the title I thought this rant was going to be more Jerry Seinfeld-esque.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Baysider » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:01 pm

assateague wrote:I must just be fortunate. This sort of thing has never really happened to me.

Thats because everyone knows everyone and where they live. :lol: I dont have any problems with it either. Worst thing is guys hearing us shoot and come to see where we are set up when they pack it in. Most of the time we set the boat in a tiny gut with high mud banks so they cant see us, but they do end up riding all over trying. Most of the ones that do that are DE, PA, and NJ tagged boats though so its to be expected.
MOhuntingGuy wrote: Went with the fuse accessories axium 6 inch doinker style.
Baysider

Postby jarbo03 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:42 pm

This is why I have not hunted public land on a weekend in over 6 years, not worth it to me. Luckily II have some private land and can get away during the week.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:02 pm

The deal is people suck! It's funny how everyone complains about people crowding them but when you ask people they always say, oh I never crowd people. I have yet to meet a public land hunter that crowds people. :roll:
That's why I hunt private rice, I don't play well with others.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby jehler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:10 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:The deal is people suck! It's funny how everyone complains about people crowding them but when you ask people they always say, oh I never crowd people. I have yet to meet a public land hunter that crowds people. :roll:
That's why I hunt private rice, I don't play well with others.

I have crowded the hell out of people
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Lamboicon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:40 pm

I try not crowed ppl. I get up early to get my spots and if i run into someone that has beat me to it then fine I'll move on. That's what they should do to. The way I look at is flip places with the other person. You are in your spot and did the work to get there then some d#%k head shows up right at first shooting time.
Lamboicon

Postby jehler » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:36 am

I only crowd people that are in my spots. Yeah yeah it's public land but the bastards know where jehlers spots are, and they know trying to hunt them is dangerous business. I'll be the first to admit I'm an asshole hunter
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Return to The Blind