Beautiful morning with the kids..

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Beautiful morning with the kids..

Postby Bowjoe » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:07 am

Geese never came close to us but we had a beautiful morning on the river.. Tomorrow is the final day of early season . Was not a very productive season so far but hey for our first season waterfowling we managed to take some firsts.. First goose and my son's first duck.. always had fun and laughed.. thats what it's about.. I never had anyone show me or help me with my passion for hunting my dad not being around much never hunted and my mom a anti hunter (Yeah I know :roll: ) I want to get my kids envolved in the outdoors and create memories..Gonna sound weird but hunting saved my life wont go into details but I owe my life to the outdoorss and I want my kids to get out what I have.. Hopefully when Im gone they will see a goose or duck and say "Hey remember when dad fell into the river getting our first goose" thats why I do what I do for them.. I rather spend a day with them in a blind not shooting a thing then them being without me playing video games..Here's a little video of us together..Just click on the pic...
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff..
Big Guys Best Pro Staff..
Bowjoe

Re: Beautiful morning with the kids..

Postby assateague » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:19 am

I love hunting. Now you need to get ready for the next part- the day after your early season ends, you will start seeing low flying flocks of geese a lot of places. In the week following the close of resident goose, you will see more birds flying looking for "friends" than you've seen in the last 3 months combined. Mark my words. It'll drive you crazy.
assateague

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:38 am

Looks like you have it figured out, birds in hand or not.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Redbeard » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Assa's right, it's all down hill from here joe.
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Tiler_J » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:39 pm

X2, ducks get in your head and you can't get them out. I was deer hunting this weekend and came across a pair of mallards in a little high mountain lake. Deer hunting was put on pause, so I could wacth these two ducks swim around in the lake for a while. Every body of water I see, I am always scanning it for ducks. Duck hunting is a sickness that I really enjoy. Glad to see another hunter getting into the sport and introducing their kids to duck hunting.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Olly » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:34 am

Joe you're doing a fine job for a first season. It's cool that you and your kids are learning about the sport at the same time.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Weston81 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:58 am

I was talking to a contractor about getting my roof replaced last night and I hear two geese off in the distance coming my way. It was everything I could do not to stop him mid sentence and ask him to hold on so I could run inside and grab my goose call. Just learning how to run one so I really wanted to see if I could get them to give me a look.
Weston81

Postby jehler » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:13 am

Weston81 wrote:I was talking to a contractor about getting my roof replaced last night and I hear two geese off in the distance coming my way. It was everything I could do not to stop him mid sentence and ask him to hold on so I could run inside and grab my goose call. Just learning how to run one so I really wanted to see if I could get them to give me a look.

Sounds expensive
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Weston81 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:46 pm

Yep, very much so. But when you get hit by this, you are thankful for insurance. New roof, gutters, siding, front door, garage door.........I hope
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Weston81

Postby Weston81 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Most of it was around this size.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Weston81

Postby Olly » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Holy crap that would suck to be hit with that. Glad you're okay!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Redbeard » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Weston81 wrote:Yep, very much so. But when you get hit by this, you are thankful for insurance. New roof, gutters, siding, front door, garage door.........I hope

damn!
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Weston81 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:24 pm

What sucked is I needed to run outside and and pull my truck in but when I saw what was coming down I said "Fark that! Lucky for me the way it blew in my truck just got a few dings. There was a tree blocking a lot of it from it.
Weston81

Postby JGUN » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Holy crap!
JGUN

Postby huntfishnv » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Weston81 wrote:Most of it was around this size.

DAMN!
huntfishnv

Return to The Blind