Big plans?

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Big plans?

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Anybody have any big plans for this season? Nothing big here other than going on my first goose hunt.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Big plans?

Postby Westie25 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Hoping for my first goose. But really have high hopes to get my pups first bird.
Westie25

Re: Big plans?

Postby Olly » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Flightstopper wrote:Anybody have any big plans for this season? Nothing big here other than going on my first goose hunt.

I am going to try and setup a hunt with Jehler hopefully and I am about to restart building the blind on my boat. Moving away from the traditional type of blind and going with something like this.

I'll be starting a build thread on it soon. Last year I think the blind I had was flaring to many birds, I am excited about getting a lower profile and seeing how that works.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Big plans?

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Westie25 wrote:Hoping for my first goose. But really have high hopes to get my pups first bird.

My favorite part of duck hunting is seeing my dog work. Hands down, good luck with him!

Completely skipped over that. This will be my first season with my own dog in the blind. Can't wait to see him work!!
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby capt1972 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:59 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
Westie25 wrote:Hoping for my first goose. But really have high hopes to get my pups first bird.

My favorite part of duck hunting is seeing my dog work. Hands down, good luck with him!

Completely skipped over that. This will be my first season with my own dog in the blind. Can't wait to see him work!!

There is nothing like it. I'll post a vid from youtube. Her first retrieve was a goose.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Haha that was a mis-edit sorry.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby capt1972 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:01 pm

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby capt1972 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Made this as a joke but kinda funny

Last edited by capt1972 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Very cool, I wish I had video taped Mooses first retrieve.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:43 am

I'm going to try hunting the kansas side a little more with the kansas krew. Went twice this last season and had a great time. Didn't shoot a lot but we got into birds both trips.
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Weston81 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:57 am

Will be my first year with my own dog as well. Excited and a little scared to see it all come together opening morning.
Weston81

Big plans?

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:07 pm

Weston81 wrote:Will be my first year with my own dog as well. Excited and a little scared to see it all come together opening morning.

What kind of pup do you have? Post up pictures in the dog forum.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:35 pm

I've got something planned, but not spilling the beans yet.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Big plans?

Postby Redbeard » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:18 pm

I'm gonna try and beat 3leg to all his spots
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Olly » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:53 am

My new big plan is to steal 3_legg's big plans.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Big plans?

Postby Westie25 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:10 am

3legged_lab wrote:I've got something planned, but not spilling the beans yet.

The suspense will kill me
Westie25

Big plans?

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:16 am

Taking the gear to either NC or Maine, depends on if we draw swan tags for NC
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:14 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Taking the gear to either NC or Maine, depends on if we draw swan tags for NC

Everybody knows its more exciting to kill swans with out the tag.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:16 pm

Redbeard wrote:I'm gonna try and beat 3leg to all his spots

That scull boat is no where near fast enough to beat the mud boat in a race, better just ride with me.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Return to The Blind