Federal Waterfowl Regs.....Simplified?

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Federal Waterfowl Regs.....Simplified?

Postby capt1972 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Has anyone picked up the new regs yet? It's my understanding that there have been some changes to the possession limits. Or better said, what now qualifies as "possession". As I read them it basically says that once a bird is processed, dated and labeled with the species and placed in your freezer you are no longer in possession. Am I reading this right or am I missing something?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Re: Federal Waterfowl Regs.....Simplified?

Postby JGUN » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:55 pm

That would be nice. Would come in handy for those extended weekend hunts.
JGUN

Postby jehler » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:22 pm

But doc is expecting some birds j!
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby JGUN » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Gotta keep that man happy.
JGUN

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:15 pm

There are "Federal Regs"? I thought it was as many as you can carry.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm glad I'm a poacher. Lightens the load on my mind considerably. You all must have too much on your brains with all this crap.
assateague

Postby obxbufflehead » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:33 pm

assateague wrote:I'm glad I'm a poacher. Lightens the load on my mind considerably. You all must have too much on your brains with all this crap.

Yeah I never worry about the possession limit. But then again I didn't kill enough ducks last year to have to.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby JGUN » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:28 am

Around home we usually don't worry about possession limits much but last year we were given a headsup that there were officers in the area we were hunting up north. Besides Jehler going down the road with the barge draws some attention.
JGUN

Postby assateague » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:33 am

That's the perfect warden decoy. Just drive behind it in an '89 Hyundai Sonata loaded to the gills with black ducks, eider, brant, and scoter. I promise, they won't even see you. If they appear even slightly interested in the moderately heavy trail of bits of down flying out from around the missing weatherstripping on the hatchback, repeatedly honk your horn, look at them, point to jehler's barge in front of you and pantomime drinking a can of beer while pointing at his truck. Works every time.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:54 am

assateague wrote:That's the perfect warden decoy. Just drive behind it in an '89 Hyundai Sonata loaded to the gills with black ducks, eider, brant, and scoter. I promise, they won't even see you. If they appear even slightly interested in the moderately heavy trail of bits of down flying out from around the missing weatherstripping on the hatchback, repeatedly honk your horn, look at them, point to jehler's barge in front of you and pantomime drinking a can of beer while pointing at his truck. Works every time.

this works. Don't ask me how I know but drug runners use this technique
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby JGUN » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm

assateague wrote:That's the perfect warden decoy. Just drive behind it in an '89 Hyundai Sonata loaded to the gills with black ducks, eider, brant, and scoter. I promise, they won't even see you. If they appear even slightly interested in the moderately heavy trail of bits of down flying out from around the missing weatherstripping on the hatchback, repeatedly honk your horn, look at them, point to jehler's barge in front of you and pantomime drinking a can of beer while pointing at his truck. Works every time.

It's funny you say that....his brother's hyundai is a little newer than that and yes he usually hauls the birds. No guns decoys or anything that resembles hunting paraphernalia in the car. :lol:
JGUN

Postby jehler » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Shhhhhhh!
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Return to The Blind