Dove Opener

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Dove Opener

Postby blackrhino » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:49 pm

Yesterday our Dove season opened. Went to our club, sick as shit (me not the club). Had a great cook out with fried Redfish, cheese grits, coleslaw, hush puppys and all the desserts you could eat. Field was 80 acres of combined corn. Got delivered to the spot of my choosing (never seen this field before) and dropped off by a side by side. Set up with my cooler,folding chair and radio to listen to the Gator game. Shooting around the field started pretty quickly as people and quads moved around. Got a few shots and like the game it started getting hot on the field. Breeze stopped and I'm guessing about 85 degrees. I was running a fever and every time I went to PU a bird I got hotter. Then the light rain came and felt good until I was soaking wet as was everything else except my radio which I sheltered under the cooler lid but could still hear the game.
Finally the quad came by and picked me and my gear up and took me back to the cook shed to watch the final 2 minutes of the game on the flat screen. Go Gators! Ended up with 14 Dove out of a 15 bird limit. Took a shower and a bunch of drugs and went to bed. Today I dryed out everything and cleaned birds, guns and truck. Whipped again. Glad I went but probably should have stayed home and layed up.
blackrhino

Re: Dove Opener

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Got to love dove hunting! Aside from being sick sounds like a good day!
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Return to The Blind