California Fish and.....Wildlife?

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

California Fish and.....Wildlife?

Postby Redbeard » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Guess who just changed their name? For decades it's been CA Fish and Game. Our nutless governor just passed a bill to change "Game" to "Wildlife" to appease the non hunters in our glorious state.

Personally I think they just got tired of the acronym CA's F. A. G. Wardens.

Imagine the money they'll blow changing their name on all documents, uniforms, patrol rigs, etc!
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Re: California Fish and.....Wildlife?

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:49 pm

Redbeard wrote:Guess who just changed their name? For decades it's been CA Fish and Game. Our nutless governor just passed a bill to change "Game" to "Wildlife" to appease the non hunters in our glorious state.

Imagine the money they'll blow changing their name on all documents, uniforms, patrol rigs, etc!

I'm still calling them fish and game! Jerry brown can suck it!!!
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Olly » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:50 pm

We're there really people complaining about the term game? What's next trying to remove it from the English language.

Sent using Tapatalk
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:10 pm

Everyone will still call them FAG wardens.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby blackrhino » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:19 am

They did the same thing here a few years ago. Changed to Florida Department of Fish and Wildlife Conservation. Kinda see the writing on the wall.
blackrhino

Postby assateague » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:10 am

The MD DNR website doesn't even have "Hunting" as a tab on it's main page. Pisses me off.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:57 am

assateague wrote:The MD DNR website doesn't even have "Hunting" as a tab on it's main page. Pisses me off.

unbelievable
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:08 pm

assateague wrote:The MD DNR website doesn't even have "Hunting" as a tab on it's main page. Pisses me off.

You moan about your state like 'whats his name' moans about his job. Take Red's advice and find a new place. :lol: :lol:

I know you've already explained why you cant yet, just had to bust your chops.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Bust away! :lol:

"The ideal place to begin slaying the beast, is from within the belly of the beast, for only there, unseen, may you wreak untold havoc." -Friedrich Nietschze

(Actually, I just made that up. Wouldn't want Nietschze's heirs to sue me)
assateague

Postby Juice Box » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:41 am

Redbeard wrote:Guess who just changed their name? For decades it's been CA Fish and Game. Our nutless governor just passed a bill to change "Game" to "Wildlife" to appease the non hunters in our glorious state.

They were gonna combine Fish and Game with California Highway Patrol to help save money. They were gonna call them Fish and Chips hahaha :lol:
"Olly cop hater? No

Olly American? Yes"
Juice Box

Postby Redbeard » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:38 am

Juice Box wrote:

They were gonna combine Fish and Game with California Highway Patrol to help save money. They were gonna call them Fish and Chips hahaha :lol:

that's funny as heck. Soooo glad that never got past the discussion phase
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:21 pm

Juice Box wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague

Postby Juice Box » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Juice Box wrote:

that's funny as heck. Soooo glad that never got past the discussion phase

My RTO told me that the other day. I figured you would like that haha :beer:
"Olly cop hater? No

Olly American? Yes"
Juice Box

Postby Bufflehead » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:43 pm

the wildlife commission here decided our wardens needed a change of image.................................they all got brand new f-150s(seriously, i guess they look tougher than a chevy tahoe). just what state agency constantly crying about lack of funds should have done.
Bufflehead

Return to The Blind