I feel sorry...

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: I feel sorry...

Postby assateague » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:31 am

I've heard good things about this one:

http://www.brookstone.com/iconvert-photo-scanner?bkiid=SubCategory_Electronics_Printers___Scanners_Photo___Negative_Scanners|SubCategoryWidget|671669p&catId=

But I really want to get one that converts slides to jpg. I've got about 40 boxes of slide trays, some going back to the early 60's when my grandparents went downtown to watch JFK's funeral in DC. Love to see what's on the rest of them, including all the one's from me growing up.
Last edited by assateague on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
assateague

Postby huntntech » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:58 am

Awesome pics, Great post. I hope to be able to do that someday. I wish my dad would have gotten me out in the field like you do with Sam.
:thumbsup:
huntntech

Postby Redbeard » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:16 am

Thanks for the nice words fellas. And outstanding job to the rest of you dads
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:38 am

assateague wrote:Any expense leaves me room to bitch about expenses. :lol:

Lol!
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby i shoot spoonies » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:06 am

bitchin post. tho my sons only 7 1/2 months old right now (which i have to remember to enjoy this stage) i cant wait till i get to the point youre at Red. with our KREW here at the coot crusader nation, my sons gonna be in for a world of hurt.
Feelin' Fowl wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:Hahaha! Weiner snob.

Damn right! Only the best wieners go in my mouth!
i shoot spoonies

Postby assateague » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:41 pm

Went out tonight to burn up some damage tags and get some deers fit the freezer. Daddy's tired of green beans

Waiting for "that" time.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350099250.264923.jpg

Getting a bit excited, with the silent war cry
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350099396.845643.jpg

We waited for momma to come out after bro and sis, but she was a no-show for my 10 minute free pass. After that, sorry bout your luck.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350099485.943244.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350099520.423931.jpg

They look bigger before Layniebug wanted a picture. She tried to drag one for me, but not quite big enough yet. She did want to video me gutting them. The comments there make the turtle vid look tame. I'll get it on YouTube eventually.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350099639.759284.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:58 pm

She's gonna make some lucky guy a great wife someday!
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:28 pm

Assa, nice pics, but those look like large rabbits!
Spoken to MuddyWaterWarlock
aunt betty wrote:This is personal. You are a douchebag.
Hey douche, when a seeds sprouts roots...what is it called?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby huntntech » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:56 pm

I applaud the way you guys are with your kids. I hope to be able to do this in the future.
huntntech

Postby assateague » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:57 pm

Peeled like big rabbits, too. I'm never picky, but when you're hunting damage tags, you never let any deer walk, no matter what. I try to line them up and get a twofer, but it's only happened twice.
assateague

Postby jarbo03 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:50 am

Awesome thread Aaron, love seeing kids getting involved with the outdoors and sports. I was lucky enough to have a father that has not been on a hunt without me since I was 8. I am currently at a motel with my dad, preparing to hunt in the morning, wouldn't have it any other way. I am envious if all you guys who hunt with your kids, maybe I can do the same one of these days.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby dog walker » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:00 am

No kids for me and the wife so I take out my nieces,nephews and neighbors kids.
dog walker

Postby Tiler_J » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:44 pm

A picture of my little hunting buddy, Max. This is from last year, we are going to let him get a liscence next year, so one more year with a bb-gun. He really wants to carry a gun and hunt, but I want him to get a little bigger and prove to me that he can be safe in the blind with his bb-gun before he gets a liscence. It sure is fun to have him out in the blind with me. Now if I can just get my buddy to stop loading him up with candy and soda in the morning, it will be even better. :lol:
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby assateague » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:45 pm

:thumbsup:
assateague

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Tiler_J wrote:A picture of my little hunting buddy, Max. This is from last year, we are going to let him get a liscence next year, so one more year with a bb-gun. He really wants to carry a gun and hunt, but I want him to get a little bigger and prove to me that he can be safe in the blind with his bb-gun before he gets a liscence. It sure is fun to have him out in the blind with me. Now if I can just get my buddy to stop loading him up with candy and soda in the morning, it will be even better. :lol:

I remember those days! Dad says we're going hunting and out came the Red Ryder and no tweety bird was safe. The damn thing was so weak even if I shot something the BB would just bounce off the bird. But it was always fun.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby vincentpa » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Nice pics Red and everyone else. I always wanted to have a son but was dealt twin girls instead. We're finished with kids. The one put us through the ringer. I doubt my wife will ever let them go hunting. Even if I insist, I'm sure she'll plant the seed that hunting isn't for girls.
vincentpa

Postby jehler » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:03 pm

vincentpa wrote:Nice pics Red and everyone else. I always wanted to have a son but was dealt twin girls instead. We're finished with kids. The one put us through the ringer. I doubt my wife will ever let them go hunting. Even if I insist, I'm sure she'll plant the seed that hunting isn't for girls.

Vinnie, one thing I can promise you, your kids are gonna like what they are gonna like, regardless of what seeds momma plants. I wouldn't write it off just yet
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby one2many » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:04 pm

assateague wrote:Went out tonight to burn up some damage tags and get some deers fit the freezer. Daddy's tired of green beans

Waiting for "that" time.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350099250.264923.jpg

Getting a bit excited, with the silent war cry
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350099396.845643.jpg

We waited for momma to come out after bro and sis, but she was a no-show for my 10 minute free pass. After that, sorry bout your luck.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350099485.943244.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350099520.423931.jpg

They look bigger before Layniebug wanted a picture. She tried to drag one for me, but not quite big enough yet. She did want to video me gutting them. The comments there make the turtle vid look tame. I'll get it on YouTube eventually.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350099639.759284.jpg

freaking awesome and red i love your photos with your boy...im very jealous, my daughter is 16 now and was over the HUNTING THING a few years ago.we still have judo and catch wrestling together and she will help me out come spring time lambing and calving... i wish she would have stayed into hunting and fishing
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Jeffys a pimp"
one2many

Postby one2many » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:06 pm

jehler wrote:
vincentpa wrote:Nice pics Red and everyone else. I always wanted to have a son but was dealt twin girls instead. We're finished with kids. The one put us through the ringer. I doubt my wife will ever let them go hunting. Even if I insist, I'm sure she'll plant the seed that hunting isn't for girls.

Vinnie, one thing I can promise you, your kids are gonna like what they are gonna like, regardless of what seeds momma plants. I wouldn't write it off just yet

very true Jehler
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Jeffys a pimp"
one2many

Postby Redbeard » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Tiler_J wrote:A picture of my little hunting buddy, Max. This is from last year, we are going to let him get a liscence next year, so one more year with a bb-gun. He really wants to carry a gun and hunt, but I want him to get a little bigger and prove to me that he can be safe in the blind with his bb-gun before he gets a liscence. It sure is fun to have him out in the blind with me. Now if I can just get my buddy to stop loading him up with candy and soda in the morning, it will be even better. :lol:

I remember all the candy and soda stories you told us
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:12 pm

jehler wrote:

this is the truth. Took my daughter's out shooting early this year. My 10 year old loved it. The 7 year old not so much. However the 7 year old has been begging to tag along on a hunt just to see what it's like. So who knows how this'll turn out
Redbeard

Previous

Return to The Blind