solo shoot

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

solo shoot

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:04 pm

I shoot puddle ducks, and may or may not do other things puddle duck hunters do. You guys know the jehler quote.
Went out just me and the brown dog this morning, it started out fast - thought it was going to be a 15 minute limit then it slowed down. I did pull off a scotch double on a drake and a hen mallard right off the bat. Finished the day off with a two shot double on drakes at the end. Pretty unhappy with the rest of my shooting in the middle though.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Re: solo shoot

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Great hunt 3leg! I have still yet to kill my 7 mallard limit in one hunt. One day! :thumbsup:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:10 pm

What's up with the drake on the right in the first pics neck? It looks like the white ring is really thick.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:14 pm

I'm guessing its not fully plumed out.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby Redbeard » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:07 am

Atta boy JR! Nice hunt
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:28 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:I'm guessing its not fully plumed out.

That would be my guess. Nice hunt tripod!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:54 am

Fine job tres
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby ManlyMan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:54 am

Good work 3
ManlyMan

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:22 pm

obxbufflehead wrote:What's up with the drake on the right in the first pics neck? It looks like the white ring is really thick.

Bootlipkiller wrote:I'm guessing its not fully plumed out.

Correct, just still really eclipse.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:Great hunt 3leg! I have still yet to kill my 7 mallard limit in one hunt. One day! :thumbsup:

I've always wanted to go all 7 green, even with the 2 hens these 6 is still the closest I've ever been to a mallard limit.

I was most happy with the scotch double (didnt get one at all last season) and the two stellar retrieves by the d head I hunt with.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby blackrhino » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Nice......Very nice. I can count on one hand the wild Greenheads I've shot in Florida. We shoot lots of ducks but those never seem to make it down. We still have 5 weeks before our season opens but then it's still 85 here too so thats ok.
blackrhino

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:35 pm

blackrhino wrote:Nice......Very nice. I can count on one hand the wild Greenheads I've shot in Florida. We shoot lots of ducks but those never seem to make it down. We still have 5 weeks before our season opens but then it's still 85 here too so thats ok.

Trade ya a mallard for a nice blue wing. They just don't come through here, but would love to kill one for the wall.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:37 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
blackrhino wrote:Nice......Very nice. I can count on one hand the wild Greenheads I've shot in Florida. We shoot lots of ducks but those never seem to make it down. We still have 5 weeks before our season opens but then it's still 85 here too so thats ok.

Trade ya a mallard for a nice blue wing. They just don't come through here, but would love to kill one for the wall.

You catch cinnies there Tres?
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:51 pm

3legged_lab wrote:

X2 :thumbsup:
Bootlipkiller

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:07 pm

No they leave before season, and don't come back til march or april
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Return to The Blind