opening day wax

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

opening day wax

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Made a promise to myself to start using as much of the bird I can this year. What a great feeling to get it done. Didn't take hardly any time as long as you get the water boiling once you get home. Rough plucked em' dipped their keisters and then butchered em saving all the hearts livers and gizzards. Put two pieces of bacon in the skillet and then cooked onions and peepers in the grease for awhile. Put all the giblets chopped in the oniony pepps and me and my starving friends ate that on a philly steak roll. My phat friend put ranch on his and I put hot sauce on mine. We got full and have full birds to boot! So awesome.

Carp
Mornin Beef

Re: opening day wax

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Oh yea, they cracked like hard boiled eggs, Im tellin ya this is boss.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby jehler » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:53 pm

Next time beef try using a second pot if water if you got it, get one boiling for the wax and another one scalding hot, about 165-170 and put a small squirt of dawn or other dish soap in it. Dip the bird in the scalding one with rubber gloves and shake that bastard around a minute until a wing feather will pull out easy. You won't believe how easy the feathers and down will pull out. Dip in the wax to get any stragglers if you have them. The soap is jut to help the water penetrate the down and get to the skin.
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:00 pm

jehler wrote:Next time beef try using a second pot if water if you got it, get one boiling for the wax and another one scalding hot, about 165-170 and put a small squirt of dawn or other dish soap in it. Dip the bird in the scalding one with rubber gloves and shake that bastard around a minute until a wing feather will pull out easy. You won't believe how easy the feathers and down will pull out. Dip in the wax to get any stragglers if you have them. The soap is jut to help the water penetrate the down and get to the skin.

Shouldnt I be nervous to expose too much skin to the wax. Sounds like your first step would expose bare skin in parts. OH YEA for anyone wanting to try this there are some good google vids to watch. I have way too much adhd to even mention the cold bath third bucket step right now.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby jehler » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Honestly the scalding works so good I don't bother either the wax often unless we got lots of pin feathers, never had a problem with the wax not pulling off the skin
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:11 pm

jehler wrote:Honestly the scalding works so good I don't bother either the wax often unless we got lots of pin feathers, never had a problem with the wax not pulling off the skin

Wicked, I am gunna think hard on this. My brain looks like a raisin.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby jehler » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:14 pm

FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:40 pm

jehler wrote:http://youtu.be/WNZfRcd7DD8
Think on this

Geez, that looks homemade. Looks like coonass sheet. Unreal!
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Was scared to open this an see some kind of opening weekend bikini wax ritual you and you crew partake in.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Flightstopper wrote:Was scared to open this an see some kind of opening weekend bikini wax ritual you and you crew partake in.

Im not that guy. Thanks for peeking. :thumbsup:
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:51 am

jehler wrote:http://youtu.be/WNZfRcd7DD8
Think on this

Ha. At first when I heard the turkey in the background I thought they had put a live bird in there.

Sent using tapatalk
FlintRiverFowler

Return to The Blind