Teal Opener - Mobile, AL

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Teal Opener - Mobile, AL

Postby Deltaman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:18 am

Went a little earlier than planned, and glad we did. Launched on the causeway with my stepson, Dustin, @ 3:30 a.m., with a pleasant 15+ mph North wind blowing, and headed South to the spot we had stuck for the opener. Got there just in time to find another boat trying to get to the same place, and was thankfully able to thwart their plans and convince them to move on. Water was too low for the boat, and since it was a sand bar, we had to carry decoys, guns, etc........, and cut 3 bundles of Roseau for a stand up blind. Wasn't the most comfortable hunt for an old fart of 60, standing all morning, but it turned out to be worthwhile. Hunted until 9:30 a.m. and picked up 8 blue wings. When I walked out to pick up the last bird that Dustin had knocked down, noticed it had jewelry :o Great way to end the hunt! Dammit man, I miss the energy of my youth............and to say I was "wo out" would've been an understatement. The cool temps were a blessing!
Only talked to one group that had a limit, and those boys sat in the shallow water, using inner tubes, no cane, and had the most action in the area.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Teal Opener - Mobile, AL

Postby DComeaux » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:24 am

I get WO OUT as well :lol: .....Can't do what I used to do so easily anymore, but I give it hell. The pain and fear of finally ripping apart worn out body parts is a concern.
DComeaux

Postby don novicki » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:06 am

Sounds like a great morning. Glad you got into them.......... :thumbsup:
don novicki

Postby Darren » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:23 am

Nice hunt! and you got to enjoy the cool temps and north wind we won't have for our Louisiana opener on Friday
Darren

Return to The Blind