Remember the XFL?

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Remember the XFL?

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:52 pm

It was a lot like NFL only it died way quicker and with much less drama.
XFL...rofl.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Re: Remember the XFL?

Postby don novicki » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:37 am

I remember it. Was around longer than I thought it would be but you are going up against the NFL.............and they don't like to lose. How about when the NFL brought in replacement players? It was like watching JV football.
don novicki

Postby aunt betty » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:42 am

Fans I been trying to understand wtf them NFL guys were doing because it is in my nature to try and "understand and forgive".
I mean WWJD?

In the process I'm starting to soften up a little but still am angry.
What helps.
Trying to understand why they did what they did. I THINK they're protesting inequality in the justice system which yeah...it's true there is inequality. Ask any guy who just went thru a divorce.
So I accepted that maybe their cause is just but they picked a really bad time and venue to protest. (at work)

Then it hit me. This is weird or not 50/50 I dunno.

SUPPOSE they were protesting inequality in the justice system and specifically pointed the finger at Hillary Clinton and how she's the Teflon Don of politics. That changes everything yet somehow is actually related to what they were protesting in the first place. I'm not as angry now. I wish them players would think of what I just posted. They could turn this whole thing around in a minute and actually not be giving up their cause. All they gotta do is kneel and hold a picture of Hillary behind bars.
I'd buy that!

Call me Acorn. This post is nutty but it will make you think. Try to understand and forgive.
That is all. :mrgreen:
aunt betty

Postby Deltaman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:58 am

Everybody has a right to protest...........I get that, but to do it during something that is as patriotic as the National Anthem, pure bullshit! They are protesting inequality????? Give me a fucking break...........almost every situation where a black man was shot, they were not abiding by what they were told to do by law enforcement, whether it was continuing to reach for a gun when they were told to stop, continuing to fight against the cop, when they were warned, or run from the law when asked to stop! Don't know about you, but when the law says to stop, I was taught to stop, pretty damn common sense approach..........but they act like they don't have to for some ungodly reason..............and now want to bitch and moan about it.......wtf? There is NO excuse for not complying with a police officer when told to do so, and when you don't comply, you deserve what you get, pretty fuckin' simple. Our country has laws........and they are the fairest laws in the free world, and if you don't want to abide by them, get the fuck out of this country. One thing for sure, I am with Dave......... screw the spineless NFL, they won't be watched or supported in my house!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby aunt betty » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:30 pm

Agreed. The ironic thing is that the ghetto babies got one less way to climb up and out "by the hands of their own fathers". (knees)
Next week is pink month.
Then no-shave. Already working on an epic beard.
aunt betty

Return to The Blind