for the clinton lake crew

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

for the clinton lake crew

Postby aunt betty » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:45 am

There is at least one or two members here that hunt there.
New rule that's un-clear.
https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Fa ... terMap.pdf

If you check the map you'll see that The area between Rt 48 bridge and Parnell Road bridge is "open" to waterfowl hunting.
It is NOT open to waterfowl hunting. Really there are only two coves in that part of the lake and both have issues with being too close to power lines.

There are some new green buoys in a row pointing north and south that sort of line up roughly with the dock at Parnell access.
Something has changed and the word is slow getting out. Don't go west of them buoys.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Re: for the clinton lake crew

Postby asmythe32 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:49 am

I would call the region 3 office and ask. Or go in and talk to them if you go during the week. Im sure they will give you some BS excuse.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
asmythe32

Postby aunt betty » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:18 am

They have a new boat club using that area and it's morphing into a place where lots of birkenstock people hang out with their long boats, kayaks, and canoes. They've built their own special boat docks too.
aunt betty

Postby asmythe32 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:25 am

Thats horseshit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
asmythe32

Postby aunt betty » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:10 am

Really don't know just going by what I saw all summer and spring when I was there fishing.
New docks that appear to be of the permanent variety and there are these two long-assed boats that take 10 people to paddle.

I just want to kill some ducks. Make gumbo and maybe roast a mallard or two. The usual.

That little cove on the south side up by the rt 48 bridge was holding a bunch of teal right before the season. Must have been breaking the rules by looking. Later when I looked up the rules to make sure I found that only the area east of the Parnell bridge is open for the teal season and early canada goose.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:24 am

The lake is low. It sucks. The skinny water has churned up mud from wave action and it's rough on the legs. Of God it was rough putting out and picking up decoys.

No edge to hide in either. Blind sticks out pretty bad.
Not many ducks either. Wait til it freezes...it'll be great. (not)
aunt betty

Postby Bad17 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:36 am

Clinton lake. Haven’t hunted there in over 20 years. It wasn’t all that great then either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby aunt betty » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:43 am

It's had a couple good years in all the bad. It's about a 10:1 or 15:1 ratio bad to good.
If we have another good year it'll be insane crazy. The bad years keep the numbers of hunters down. If word gets out that it's good it'll get awful overnight. Therefore I will always be saying how bad it sucks no matter what. It sucks bad. Real bad.

Twenty years ago I was a student at Parkland college and was hunting up by Parnell pretty much every day. Had a little 1980 toyota with the bed chopped off and rebuilt with wood. I sprayed it camo one day to hide some of the rust.
aunt betty

Postby Bad17 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:02 am

aunt betty wrote:It's had a couple good years in all the bad. It's about a 10:1 or 15:1 ratio bad to good.
If we have another good year it'll be insane crazy. The bad years keep the numbers of hunters down. If word gets out that it's good it'll get awful overnight. Therefore I will always be saying how bad it sucks no matter what. It sucks bad. Real bad.

Twenty years ago I was a student at Parkland college and was hunting up by Parnell pretty much every day. Had a little 1980 toyota with the bed chopped off and rebuilt with wood. I sprayed it camo one day to hide some of the rust.

You would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Return to The Blind