The woes of self employment...

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

The woes of self employment...

Postby jehler » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:46 am

I suck, I've started 10 different things today, been upstairs to piss about 10 times(office in basement), looked in the fridge 53 times, walked into the reload room 78 times, checked my email 200 times, said to myself "alright gonna get something done now" at least 500 times and my farking desk isn't even cleaned. I feel like I shouldn't even fool myself, I should just admit defeat an go hunting instead I wasting the hours farking up... Is there a drug to fix this?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Re: The woes of self employment...

Postby huntall6 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:00 am

LSD. you may not get anything done, but you will have a hell of a time doing it! :D
Redbeard wrote:Buy not when. I hit that damne pole

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Big dick cakes are delicious!
huntall6

Postby Westie25 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:00 am

Adderall
Westie25

Postby JGUN » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:14 am

Had you loaded one shell every time you went in the reload room, you'd have three boxes done. Now get in there and load me some gorilla shells.
JGUN

Postby Mornin Beef » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:18 am

Try "smiles" its new and cool. Hell I'm at work and on it right now. Been ground poundin taskers all mornin.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Gr8white » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm self employed, and the worst procrastinator you'll ever come across, especially when it comes to the "office" work. I also have the attention span of beetle. The only time that I'm focused and have things running on pace is gearing up for a duck hunt, most of the time anyway...go figure.
Gr8white

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:30 pm

jehler wrote:I suck, I've started 10 different things today, been upstairs to piss about 10 times(office in basement), looked in the fridge 53 times, walked into the reload room 78 times, checked my email 200 times, said to myself "alright gonna get something done now" at least 500 times and my farking desk isn't even cleaned. I feel like I shouldn't even fool myself, I should just admit defeat an go hunting instead I wasting the hours farking up... Is there a drug to fix this?

You looking for a new employee?
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Gosh I'm so glad I work for the government
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby vincentpa » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:40 pm

I find going outside and screaming FU! really helps.
vincentpa

Postby jehler » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:59 pm

you put me in a shop or on a job-site and i become the most motivated, focused, logistically gifted slave driving sob in the world, can't be slowed down and can keep 15 guys focused and moving. you put me in a desk with a computer and a stack of paper and my mind literally melts....
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Redbeard wrote:Gosh I'm so glad I work for the government

X2
Even when I procrastinate, like I did last night not wanting to start my reports. I still look efficient compared too my higher ups. :thumbsup:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Mornin Beef » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:55 pm

jehler wrote:you put me in a shop or on a job-site and i become the most motivated, focused, logistically gifted slave driving sob in the world, can't be slowed down and can keep 15 guys focused and moving. you put me in a desk with a computer and a stack of paper and my mind literally melts....

The symptoms of a natural born leader. When left alone with no sheep, he seeks drugs.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Redbeard » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:

X2
Even when I procrastinate, like I did last night not wanting to start my reports. I still look efficient compared too my higher ups. :thumbsup:

sounds like your supervisors are similar to mine...
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:09 pm

jehler wrote:I suck, I've started 10 different things today, been upstairs to piss about 10 times(office in basement), looked in the fridge 53 times, walked into the reload room 78 times, checked my email 200 times, said to myself "alright gonna get something done now" at least 500 times and my farking desk isn't even cleaned. I feel like I shouldn't even fool myself, I should just admit defeat an go hunting instead I wasting the hours farking up... Is there a drug to fix this?

Sounds about right john. Thats why down at the shop we keep toys to play with. We have a small wood lathe, sometimes I take my bow to work (I can shoot 20 yards inside), we have potatoe guns, air soft guns, a little RC helicopter. We even have an old 70's Tote Goat to ride around. Fixed an old guys furnace one winter, saw this thing sitting in the corner of his garage. Gave him $225 off his bill and spent about two hours getting it running. I did some looking on line and it looks like this thing is worth about 600-700 bucks to some of the die hard collectors.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Mornin Beef » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

X2

It's risk mngmt. Let the workers do the bare minimum to get the comfortable quota or push them beyond their comfort level and bare their grievousness. Sounds hellish.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:47 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:

X2

Government paid naps are awesome.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby cannon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:21 am

I feel ya, Johnny. I have 2 full-time jobs, and I'm self-employed on both. Can't get it all done, and yet when I get to the office I suffer command resistance because, whilst I know I have to do it, I don't like to be forced to do it. Ergo, I look for ways to prevent myself from getting it done.

Office closes December 31, for good. Prolly the stupidist financial decision in the history of mankind, but as of the end of 2012, Cannon is a farmer, and a farmer only.
Nick Roehl wrote:I am used to working hard and was taught to be a man at a young age. I am 33 with a couple college degrees and I take my job as webmaster for Flyway Media seriously.
cannon

Postby goodkarmarising » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:25 am

Redbeard wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

X2

x4
goodkarmarising

Postby jehler » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:51 am

cannon wrote:I feel ya, Johnny. I have 2 full-time jobs, and I'm self-employed on both. Can't get it all done, and yet when I get to the office I suffer command resistance because, whilst I know I have to do it, I don't like to be forced to do it. Ergo, I look for ways to prevent myself from getting it done.

Office closes December 31, for good. Prolly the stupidist financial decision in the history of mankind, but as of the end of 2012, Cannon is a farmer, and a farmer only.

very jealous. have no fear cannon, i am living proof a man can live very happy on pennies
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:57 am

This may sound stupid, but if you put yourself in the right mindset, it can be fun to try and live on pennies. I welcome the challenge. My first 7 months or so out in AZ were like that, sending all the money home except for $100 each month after paying my rent out there. No joke trying to live on $100 a month, and that includes electric, gas for the Jeep, food for me, and cigarette tobacco. Still had plenty of fun, but you get "creative". I used to LOVE work functions that included food. I was not bashful at all, and if you didn't beat me to the line, there may not be any left. It could have been miserable, but I made a game out of it.
assateague

Postby cannon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:30 am

Well, we're definitely gonna have to get a tad more humble.
Nick Roehl wrote:I am used to working hard and was taught to be a man at a young age. I am 33 with a couple college degrees and I take my job as webmaster for Flyway Media seriously.
cannon

Postby Redbeard » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:35 am

assateague wrote:This may sound stupid, but if you put yourself in the right mindset, it can be fun to try and live on pennies. I welcome the challenge. My first 7 months or so out in AZ were like that, sending all the money home except for $100 each month after paying my rent out there. No joke trying to live on $100 a month, and that includes electric, gas for the Jeep, food for me, and cigarette tobacco. Still had plenty of fun, but you get "creative". I used to LOVE work functions that included food. I was not bashful at all, and if you didn't beat me to the line, there may not be any left. It could have been miserable, but I made a game out of it.

we have homeless in Humboldt who do the same thing AT
Redbeard

Postby obxbufflehead » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:37 am

Redbeard wrote:
assateague wrote:This may sound stupid, but if you put yourself in the right mindset, it can be fun to try and live on pennies. I welcome the challenge. My first 7 months or so out in AZ were like that, sending all the money home except for $100 each month after paying my rent out there. No joke trying to live on $100 a month, and that includes electric, gas for the Jeep, food for me, and cigarette tobacco. Still had plenty of fun, but you get "creative". I used to LOVE work functions that included food. I was not bashful at all, and if you didn't beat me to the line, there may not be any left. It could have been miserable, but I made a game out of it.

we have homeless in Humboldt who do the same thing AT

Yeah they grow pot for work.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Return to The Blind