Rules on shipping

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Rules on shipping

Postby aunt betty » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:53 pm

My great grandfather bought a Sears Long Tom shotgun in 1927. My grandfather somehow tracked it down and got it in his hands. When he died it ended up with my aunt in California and that is where it's at today.

This evening my mother was here for dinner. She got a phone call and it was my aunt. They've been scheming on getting that shotgun to me and both of them are clueless and can't be taught. Little squabble going on the legality of shipping the firearm here to Illinois.

I told my aunt to find a gun dealer with FFL and pay them to ship it because that is how it is done properly. My mom, who has never even fired a firearm steps in and tells aunt to just ship it in pieces. I'm not so sure that is the proper thing to do.

So...

Can anyone validate that what I said about using an FFL is right. I think that there is one part that's not legal to ship without an FFL. The receiver that has the serial number on it. Am I right?
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Re: Rules on shipping

Postby aunt betty » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:03 am

Found that since it's crossing state lines that at least the person receiving the package has to have an FFL. I think.
The source of my info was some blog or whatever so...

The last time going thru this was years ago. Was going to have a Beretta 390 shipped here from South Dakota. Searched out a local gun shop with the FFL. When I went there they had an even nicer used 390 that was lower priced so I forgot all about shipping a firearm.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Re: Rules on shipping

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:35 am

aunt betty wrote:Can anyone validate that what I said about using an FFL is right.

Not with any more certainty than you, but I am pretty sure that is how it is done and the only legal way to do it.
SpinnerMan

Return to The Blind