Gov't shutdown

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Gov't shutdown

Postby don novicki » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:04 am

What's the difference they don't do anything anyway. One good thing though is that they still get paid regardless. We wouldn't want our elected officials to have to go without would we ?
don novicki

Re: Gov't shutdown

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:15 am

This is the first partial government shutdown in order to try and get benefits for foreign nationals living in the U.S. illegally.

What kind of nation do you have when a fairly large fraction of our "representatives" seem to care more about foreign nationals living in their country illegally than a large fraction of their fellow Americans?
SpinnerMan

Re: Gov't shutdown

Postby aunt betty » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:12 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
What kind of nation do you have when a fairly large fraction of our "representatives" seem to care more about foreign nationals living in their country illegally than a large fraction of their fellow Americans?
When you get to the point where you have four Mexican gardeners, half a dozen Puerto Rican maids, three maids a milking, and a limo driver from New Jersey you'd be singing the dreamer song too.

"and a partridge in a pear tree".

On the lighter side. If it were duck season and if I was at Oakwood Bottoms I'd be able to camp for free at the federal park because the guy who collects the money had some unexpected time off. That's where I was the last time our govt shut down. There were ducks...
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to The Blind