Remington Shell Rebate

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Remington Shell Rebate

Postby Deltaman » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:07 am

Got my $200 rebate check from Remington yesterday in the mail, so it wasn't too terribly long to wait for (purchased in November). That was the best deal I have seen on shells in a long time. Paid $189 per case (Nitro Mags 1 3/8 oz shot), on the front end, got a free Roger's hoodie, and the $200 check back from Remington :thumbsup:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Remington Shell Rebate

Postby Deltaman » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:08 am

FYI - That was for 2 cases of shells
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Rick » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:34 am

Still waiting, but their site says the check's in the mail...

The two cases of 20ga I tried will be just $70 per after rebate, but I had some feeding issues reminiscent of those I experienced with a few shells out of most boxes of 12ga Nito stuff in the "way back when..." Not a lot, just enough to be irksome. Wish I'd the presence of mind to hang onto the failed loads and run them again to insure them the issue or taken the same trouble I eventually did with the 12s of running my remaining boxes through the gun at the house and discarding those that didn't chamber correctly before trying them on game.

Anyway, even assuming the rebate will arrive, which I do, I'm not entirely sure I'll take advantage of future such offers.
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 am

Was in love with Remington products until I bought a 870 supermag turkey gun in camo.
The way that particular shotgun is designed turns it into a knuckle banger real bad. Thought it was just me holding it wrong but after meeting two or three others with the same exact complaint I contacted Remington to hear what they had to say.
The response I got was basically a legal form letter and it was not nice. Not nice at all.

I'm done with remi.
Traded the pos supermag for bees. That's a $400 shotgun traded for $125 worth of bees. Was so glad to see it go.

Still have a pile of old worn out 870s but they're wingmasters. BIG difference.

Great deal on the shells.
I guess.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Deltaman » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:51 am

I shot 10 or so boxes of these shells this season, and had no issues in my m2. The only brand of shells I've had consistent issues with over the years was Federal, and now I avoid them like the plague because of it. Rio is the only brand that i have yet to try, and they seem to be gaining popularity.
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Darren » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:23 am

Still waiting on my Winchester blind side rebate, mailed Dec 6.
Darren

Postby Rick » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:34 am

Deltaman wrote:I shot 10 or so boxes of these shells this season, and had no issues in my m2. The only brand of shells I've had consistent issues with over the years was Federal, and now I avoid them like the plague because of it. Rio is the only brand that i have yet to try, and they seem to be gaining popularity.

Bruce (a sometimes browser here) and his son Justin seemed to be having cycling issues with badly misshapen Federals during their hunt here last month - and we did more than enough shooting into the wind to remind me of what a literal pain in the eyes their slow burning powder is. The later being the only issue I've had or seen with Rios, as well.
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:38 pm

One day in a goose pit everyone was shooting federals but me. One guy shot once, the other had a 'failure to fire". I shot my two. The brass was cracking on them shells and we had to use a ramrod to get them out of the shotguns. Had to run to the truck and get the gun cleaning kit and use it in the field. Lousy day.

My boss was watching with a scope. He called me furious about us not killing all six geese.We had a 3-man group. Had very strict rules of engagement and we could only shoot at groups that were the right size. For instance if we had two geese in the pit we were only allowed to shoot at four or less. Then if we had four in the pit we had to take a pair to finish.

If 80 came and landed we were supposed to turn into bird watchers. I did not last there very long. Never broke the rules tho. I got sick of not shooting geese and left for good.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Deltaman » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:12 pm

Rick wrote:
Deltaman wrote:I shot 10 or so boxes of these shells this season, and had no issues in my m2. The only brand of shells I've had consistent issues with over the years was Federal, and now I avoid them like the plague because of it. Rio is the only brand that i have yet to try, and they seem to be gaining popularity.

Bruce (a sometimes browser here) and his son Justin seemed to be having cycling issues with badly misshapen Federals during their hunt here last month - and we did more than enough shooting into the wind to remind me of what a literal pain in the eyes their slow burning powder is. The later being the only issue I've had or seen with Rios, as well.

Good to know that about the Rio's Rick, thanks for the heads up!
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Darren » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:27 am

Darren wrote:Still waiting on my Winchester blind side rebate, mailed Dec 6.

Received in the mail Friday March 2. Little more than the 6-8 weeks I was warned of, but hey i'll take it.
Darren

Return to The Blind