Who decided to

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Who decided to

Postby don novicki » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:46 am

Name a winter storm? What, now every time we get 3" of snow it's going to have a name? Who dreams this stuff up anyway?
don novicki

Re: Who decided to

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Some marketing department for the news. I find it very annoying. It's somewhat useful for tropical systems where you may have more than one at a time so it is easier to use a name to describe which storm you are talking about. However, naming a snow storm, come on.
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:04 pm

At about the time Sir Al Gore was knighted to be the weather guru they changed the way weather data was collected. Up until that time there was a fairly simple apparatus that was kept track of. It was done the same way for over 100 years.
The new gadgetry is responsible for a ton of bad data that's dumped into the computer machine.

The whole idea is to sell you some fairy dust, a carbon tax, and some potions to keep you safe from the weather giants from the cold frosty north...or is it the arid balmy south? Sir Gore can't make up his mind.

So what's the winter storm named? Indasnow? :lol:

The new weather collection machine sits next to the air conditioner on the roof at the fire station because the cable is only 100 feet long.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby outboardman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:21 am

don novicki wrote:Name a winter storm? What, now every time we get 3" of snow it's going to have a name? Who dreams this stuff up anyway?
The weather channel took that on themselves

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Got to love the mud.
outboardman

Postby aunt betty » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:33 pm

This guy will eventually make a video on why they name winter storms. But until then enjoy his explanation of why the earth is actually flat, not a sphere.

Caution: He's got some really good ones on being a vegetarian and how our food (wild game) is eating his food. :clap:

I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to The Blind