The P38

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

The P38

Postby aunt betty » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Curious about how many of you guys have one on your key ring, have used one, or even know what it is.
When the zombies attack you'll wish you had one. :lol:
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to **** around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Re: The P38

Postby Rick » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:22 pm

Have no idea what happened to any of mine. C-rats (especially ham and MFers, err...lima beans) sucked, so we most often ate the freeze-dried LRRPs.
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:47 pm

You can buy twenty of them online for $12.99

The army surplus here closed and I've been youtubing the ones in New York AND L.A.
One of the things I got given was the suit a ball-turret-gunner used. Hobbit-size of course. (fits perfect)
You can sleep in that suit when it's zero but don't try moving around much. Get sweaty quick.
aunt betty

Postby Dave in AZ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:26 pm

LOL... it's a shame so many folks don't know of the P38 now. I used to keep one folded up inside my wallet, which of course ended after 9/11 when my wallet kept getting flagged in airports.

One of the great inventions. I took my daughter out, 10 y.o. last Nov, for her first dove hunt. We built a fire to cook our dove over... of course the fire building meant we ended up not shooting dove, but she loved that fire, one of her first self-made in the wilderness. Luckily, Dad had prepared-- I had a secret stash of Oscar Meyer hotdogs in my vest, and a can of baked beans! We cooked hotdogs over the fire and had the baked beans heated in the coals. She was so enthused when I gave her the P38 to open the beans, and wants one for herself-- your good post reminded me I need to get another few for the kids!
Thanks!
Dave in AZ

Postby aunt betty » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:28 pm

Welcome Dave. That's a really good story you told.
Thanks.
aunt betty

Return to The Blind