Coral Springs Police and Fire Departments

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Coral Springs Police and Fire Departments

Postby aunt betty » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Have any of y'all heard of these guys?
If not, you will soon hear a lot about them.
Brace for impact!
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Re: Coral Springs Police and Fire Departments

Postby Rick » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:06 am

Was a rod-buster and general BS hand building a K-Mart in Coral Springs right after I got out of the service, thanks to a high school buddy working there, thanks to his father being a supervisor for the construction company/contractor with the contract. We were making extra money working a Sunday and being the only ones there may have had a buzz going when we took off for lunch and were stopped by a Coral Springs cop before we got off the job site.

Thought we were being cute by imitating a scene from a then popular movie and jumped out with our hands up yelling "Don't shoot! Don't Shoot!" And might have been lucky we weren't, as the cop either hadn't seen the movie or lacked our sense of humor and held us at gunpoint until backup arrived and we were cuffed. At that time (1972) Coral Springs required us to have work permits/IDs, which we did, but they still suspected us of stealing from the site, and while they searched our vehicle more and more police cars arrived until it appeared a major crime scene and someone with enough authority to decide our fate showed up to want to know who authorized our being there.

Don't know that anyone had, per se, but we frequently worked extra and that wouldn't have been a problem if my friend hadn't given them his father's name which was both four names long and kind of funny sounding - as well being exactly the same four as on his own license and ID. His dad was the second to be saddled with it and he the third, and though we'd long since figured out these guys were serious, they thought Ed was still clowning. Anyway, they did eventually contact his dad, we were un-cuffed and watched what seemed six or eight cop cars leave the site, least one come out behind us and pop us for "failure to assure" or some such when we got on the public road.

Then we hopped in Ed's car, and he put it in gear - and a joint rolled off the dash.

Know what's just happened in Coral Springs is the farthest thing from funny, but that's the memory "Coral Springs" will likely always evoke from me.
Rick

Postby don novicki » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:21 am

"When danger reared it's ugly head, he bravely turned away and fled"............oh wait he thought the shooting was coming from outside the building. Yeah right,......
don novicki

Postby aunt betty » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:04 am

Dig into the story that we've been told and find out that it's falling apart fast.
Can't just give the details because it is something you just have to find out for yourself and then maybe you can convince yourselves what the truth is. I'm not going to even try.

Students and faculty have both told stories that indicate that the "official story" is false.

Will go so far as to say that the Coral Springs, Florida Police Dept were the first responders according to my sources.
They sent 130 officers.

The rest of the details. You have to dig and find them for yourselves. Sorry. My cred is so poor that half of you will laugh. That's ok. Have a good little chuckle on me.
aunt betty

Postby Rick » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:36 am

When all the political show and finger pointing is done, the kids will still be dead, and it won't make a lick of difference in how those on the scene handle the next such case.
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:45 am

There is always hope. Never give up.

The Way to END all the School Shootings:

Put a bank in every school. End of problem.

THE POLICE WILL GUARD THE MONEY WITH THEIR LIVES!
aunt betty

Postby Rick » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:51 am

No they won't. Some folks have the balls to stand up, some don't. No amount of political showmanship, policy change or LE training will change that. What will happen depends on what's inside the people on the scene.
Rick

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:08 am

For the past 20+ years, there have been about 50 people that died in School-Associated Violent Deaths. Ranges from 33 to 63 in the 1992-2010 period. Around 1-10 are suicides of students and 14-34 are homicides of students. Adults are included in the total.

For every murder of a kid in School-Associated Violent Deaths there are between 50 to 100 students murdered that is not school-associated.

For every murder of a kid in School-Associated Violent Deaths, there about 100 students that died in car accidents.

For every murder of a kid in School-Associated Violent Deaths, there about 150 students that commit suicide.

As emotional and tragic as these mass shootings are, they are an extremely low risk to students.

After all, if this was happening daily like murder outside of school, car accidents, and suicides, it would not be news.

If your death makes the news, it is because it is so unusual as to be something not worth worrying about.

This murderer could have and should have been stopped as part of normal police work. Most there is not much we can do except thank God that such evil is so rare.
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:16 pm

There are several angles in play here.
Everyone is right (correct) on some level.

It really all goes back to 9-11. Do you guys remember that alleged street light in Iraq that we watched on CNN all summer one year? They (whoever they are) got emboldened when they realized that we'd watch a street light that was actually in El Segundo, California. (could be for all we know)

Then they started making bigger and grander "stories". Don't make me post some of the CNN flops like the gas attack one where they're laughing and giggling on the "set". It's not just CNN but all MSM now. Recall the pre-election polls that favored HRC so heavily that she bought it and quit campaigning.

You're right rick, nothing is going to stop kids from killing kids.
My suggestion was sort of a joke but was also serious in that "when was the last mass-shooting at a bank?".
If we valued children like currency...

You're right spinner whatever you said.

It sure would be nice if we could keep our guns and kill lots of ducks.
BY THE WAY THE FIELDS ARE FULL OF BWT TODAY.
Have not seen BWT in decades and damn damn diddly dam I can't even shoot one.
RATS!
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Joint rolled off the dash. :?

In 1972 that was a paddlin'.
Today you get locked up and charged about $4k in fines.
Don't ask how I know because you two already know. :mrgreen:
aunt betty

Postby Rick » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:55 pm

aunt betty wrote:Joint rolled off the dash. :?

In 1972 that was a paddlin'.
Today you get locked up and charged about $4k in fines.
Don't ask how I know because you two already know. :mrgreen:

In 1972 it was a Florida felony.
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:00 pm

Ouch. Florida and Georgia and no-no states for this guy. Plus they ain't got no ducks. :lol:
One of the guys I used to work for went to prison for rolling papers in Georgia.
In Arkansas it's a misdemeanor for up to a QP. Was shocked when I found that out.

I gradiated (haha) in 79. Up until around that time up here the cops would take your stuff and run over your pipe or whatever with their car and call it a day. You KNOW what they did with it. :thumbsup:
aunt betty

Return to The Blind