What's everyone

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

What's everyone

Postby don novicki » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:22 pm

Watching on TV these days? For my self I am hooked on TNT's "The Alienest". A good show about the beginnings of police forensics and the new crime solving techniques developed at the turn of the 19th century. One of the things that is really interesting is how they captured life back then. Looks pretty real and if you didn't have money you were S. O. L.. I heard a fact about NY City back then, as everything was horse drawn, there were 2 million, yes million, pounds of horse Dooley daily that had to be cleaned up. That's a lot of shite.
don novicki

Re: What's everyone

Postby Deltaman » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:47 pm

Other than some of the Alaska shows, like Life Below Zero and the like, Netflix is where it's at in my household. A Firestick changed our lives, and where most of our after dinner t.v. is coming from. I do enjoy the odd "How it's Made", and the occasional antique searches from time to time as well. All of the infomercials and shit reality shows eat up way too much bandwidth on the t.v. channel selections now, and it never ceases to amaze me that some people actually watch that crap.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:55 pm

My wife and I recently watched seasons 1 and 2 of this series. They got a little too stupid and disrespectful in some of their behavior, but overall it was interesting and funny.

https://www.nbc.com/better-late-than-never?nbc=1
NBC's hit series "Better Late Than Never" is back for Season 2 with more fun, comedy and adventure as the five globe-trotting stars - Henry Winkler, William Shatner, George Foreman, Terry Bradshaw and comedian Jeff Dye - set off on a wildly entertaining journey to Munich, Berlin, Lithuania, Sweden, Barcelona, Madrid and Morocco.
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:37 pm

There is a new one that we like called "Life in Pieces".
It's a half-hour sit-com broken down into little skits that only last 5 or 6 minutes each.
We watch some other new stuff but y'all don't need to hear about that.

We went thru a "Swamp People" stage but you can only stand so many head-shots on gators.

Mostly we watch really old re-run stuff like Andy Griffith.
Put the news on and I start yellin' at the TV an shit. :lol:
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to The Blind