Would this sign stop you?

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Would this sign stop you?

Postby aunt betty » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:32 am

Don't have a lot of visitors. Five yrs ago I put up this sign to keep prying eyes away from the garage and whatever I might have going on in there. So far nobody has the cajones to open that door including a very large cop that stopped by to take a look around one day because I'd reported a prowler looking into my truck.

The back yard is pretty much the same. Kids used to cut thru by jumping my fence. Ten bee hives ended that.
Bee season is about to get going strong. Have bees out the ass. There will be honey and honey is money.
20180417_102623.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Re: Would this sign stop you?

Postby aunt betty » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:49 pm

Worked on you.

As I recall the last time you were here you didn't even look twice at that door then almost ripped your face off on that drywall screw that I used to hang the oven mitts on. (screw is gone)
For the peanut gallery Acorn is over 7 feet tall. I'm 5' 7" and kind of small.
Am so glad that nobody got hurt by that screw. It was dumb to put it there. In fact the kitchen is a mistake. Some idiot remodeled it and did several no-nos. That copper range hood must have been free.
20180417_175448.jpg

The kitchen is designed around the damned thing. It's obvious they moved cabinets around and made a mess. That big one up high is supposed to go on top of the fridge.

Have been doing some detective work on the electrical system.
After just a year or so of living there we discovered that the whole house is wired to just 4 circuit breakers. ?!?
Whoever remodeled the kitchen installed a 220 breaker for an electric stove/oven and another for something in the garage that's gone now. When they installed them two 220 breakers they had to make room by taking out four 110's. Now I see why when a circuit breaker pops ..half the house goes dead. I got some work to do. They're fucking push-matic breakers which are obsolete and the only way to get them is to buy used ones that have been cleaned up. What a world what a world.
There is no electric oven and the garage 220 is not required.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:42 am

Click on it. It will enlarge and rotate for you. (50-50 you may be using a phone to view)
The way I have to email pics then dload them to the tablet to upload them to the site is not friendly and I've given up on making it right.

Pretty sure it's about how I'm holding the phone. Horizontal vertical whatever. I compose the photo the way it looks good to me and it gets lost in translation from tcip to pop or some such nonsense.

Deal wiffit.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:27 pm

Whooooooo!
Cubs WIN! Cardinals lose.
8-5

How many years until the Cubs win the world series again? Probably at least 85.
Want to bet?

Now that's some random betty chit.
WHOOOOOOOOOO. insert Nature Boy Rock Flair photo

This post dedicated to Assateague. :mrgreen:
Miss him and wish he'd come back.
Come Backkkk assa come back.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:44 pm

Just went thru a year of weirdness.
Last summer the power company sent a guy to replace our smart meter with a newer better faster stronger one. (six-million-dollar meter). Cue the sound effects...

He came back to the front door, said "can't do it and you'll find out why" then left.
So I waited and waited then one day 7 months later some guys from a local electrician show up wanting to "pinch" the clamps on my meter "whatever you call it". (I forget) They had a picture of my meter receiver and pointed to one clamp that looked wide to me. Got me thinking. "PINCH"???
That's not right and I know it.
Told them I need time to contact the owner of this house. I can not authorize any repairs without the homeowner saying it's ok.
I bullshitted em. The owner is my mother. Bought some time to talk to some electricians my wife works with. They said something odd is going on.

Yesterday the electricians showed up again, opened up the meter, and declared that "there ain't shit wrong here and we can not see why the power company refused to install the new meter". That's when I asked, "If it were unsafe to put a new meter on then why in the hell did he just put the old one back on?". They shrugged their shoulders and I did too.
Honestly I think the original power company guy was scared of all the bees in my back yard.

Supposed to be happy that there was no unsafe condition. What a ride.

Guy in a big power company truck showed up today. Looked like a supervisor. Brand new clothes looking all pressed and nice.
Have new smart meter...feels radiant (radiation).
Ah sweet sweet rads.
aunt betty

Return to The Blind