My 'pet' mallards

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

My 'pet' mallards

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:39 pm

It's been sort of wet lately. The neighborhood that the old farm house is in has some drainage issues. One being that our old farm is six inches taller than everyone else's land and the house is on a nice little hump. The three yards to the south turn into a nice 5 acre pond if it rains enough. Right now all that's left of the pond is a 10 square foot mud puddle where I turn the truck around.
Been avoiding it because sooner or later someone is going to bitch about my 'muddy footprints" on the street in a city.
Don't mow around it either. My pet pair of mallards has been using that little puddle for about a week now. They think they can hide in 6 inches of grass.
Wonder what they're eating. Betcha they fly over to Lowes and beg for bread. Plenty of people feed them plus they dumpster dive in all the mall restaurants. Maybe I'll dump the old bag of sweet feed horse treat and see if they like it. Probably eating bugs. There are plenty of bees. There are teams of cardinals that come thru every morning to clean up the dead and dying ones.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to The Blind