who has......

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

who has......

Postby don novicki » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:45 am

Buried their truck while duck or goose hunting. I know I sure did and unfortunately I remember every detail. It was Thanksgiving Day 1996 and I had permission to drive into the field. Went out about 1500 feet off the road and did fine. When I turned around to head back out I didnt follow my tracks back in but took a different route and wound up getting stuck in a puddle that was up to the rockers of my truck. Of course when I got out I stepped in a pretty deep hole and wound up getting soaked as I was wearing clothing for field hunting. Try as we could we could not budge that truck. So we went to the farmers house and asked if he could pull me out but he had people coming for dinner, but he could get me Fri am.. So I went back Fri and we rode out in his tractor, affixed a tow chain and he started to pull me out but the wheels of the truck, despite it being in neutral, were not turning. I yelled for him to stop and he dragged it up on a little hill where later that day it thawed out and I was able to drive it out. Cost me 150.00 for the pull out and a lot of my dignity. I have never gotten stuck since................
don novicki

Re: who has......

Postby Darren » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:05 am

Knock on wood haven't done it myself but pretty wary of it. Most around here take various ATVs to places their trucks shouldn't be. And of course, those aren't immune to being buried either, just a lot less machine to get out when it does happen.
Darren

Postby Rick » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Sweet Chereaux and I had just started dating, and my having a big party of speck hunters in the morning, we swung by the place I planned to hunt, so I could drop off a couple sacks of speck shells before pending rain made it impossible to do so by truck. Turned out the plowed ground was already wet enough that my little Toyota 4x bogged on the way out. So we started our date with a nice mile and a half moonlight walk to the camp to borrow the boss' big-cleated Ford to pull it out.

Told Chereau I was apt to stick it, too, so she might want to wait at the camp, but she was so smitten with my charming self that she claimed to have enjoyed the walk and wouldn't mind if we did have to do it again. So off we went to, you guessed it, stick the big-cleated big Ford, too. And back we walked to the camp to get a Deere 4020 to salvage both trucks.

Was pretty dang sure the 4020 would turn the trick, but by that time enough of the shine had worn off our new romance that Sweet Cheraux opted to hand out with the folks in camp while I proved it. Which I did. (Not that I haven't hung up a tractor or two, OK:three in one day, as well.)
Rick

Postby don novicki » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:02 pm

It's bad when the tractor gets stuck.
don novicki

Postby Rick » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:02 am

In this part of the country, if you've not stuck a tractor, you've not worked much dirt. Good length of barge rope can be a farmer's best friend. Well, that and someone in another tractor to stretch it.
Rick

Postby Darren » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:22 am

Rick wrote:Sweet Chereaux and I had just started dating, and my having a big party of speck hunters in the morning, we swung by the place I planned to hunt, so I could drop off a couple sacks of speck shells before pending rain made it impossible to do so by truck. Turned out the plowed ground was already wet enough that my little Toyota 4x bogged on the way out. So we started our date with a nice mile and a half moonlight walk to the camp to borrow the boss' big-cleated Ford to pull it out.

Told Chereau I was apt to stick it, too, so she might want to wait at the camp, but she was so smitten with my charming self that she claimed to have enjoyed the walk and wouldn't mind if we did have to do it again. So off we went to, you guessed it, stick the big-cleated big Ford, too. And back we walked to the camp to get a Deere 4020 to salvage both trucks.

Was pretty dang sure the 4020 would turn the trick, but by that time enough of the shine had worn off our new romance that Sweet Cheraux opted to hand out with the folks in camp while I proved it. Which I did. (Not that I haven't hung up a tractor or two, OK:three in one day, as well.)

Awww a true cajun tale

Where is she originally from? Lake Arthur or other?

No trucks involved for my marsh hunts (though we commonly have work to do getting boats out of places the falling water left them), but one of the main access roads to bunkie farm gets torn up during cane harvest on adjacent piece and have had plenty of sketchy rides out of it. Also learned that when the farmer suggests we move truck to drier place before a rain comes, you do it. Thankfully we heeded that advice last year, even was sketchy on the fourwheeler.
Darren

Postby Rick » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:36 am

Darren wrote:Where is she originally from? Lake Arthur or other?

Suburban Lake Arthur: Andrus Cove.
Rick

Postby hunter101 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:10 am

been there done that! same thing got my truck stuck in farmers field trying to get his wifes truck unstuck. farmer had to pull us out with his tractor. gave him a 20
hunter101

Return to The Blind