Lucky Stars......

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Lucky Stars......

Postby Deltaman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:03 pm

......and lots of Thank You prayers to the man upstairs! Got a text from my stepson Saturday eve, after the AL/GA game, headed our way for dinner and spend the night to hunt Sunday morning. 5 minutes later I got a call, and he had been in a wreck, while towing the new boat no less. The wife and I jumped in my truck and headed to the accident site, to find his truck turned sideways against a power pole, and the new boat and trailer, upside down on the ground nearby. First check was on him, and he did not have a scratch. Police were there, and we discussed the wreck. Thankfully, it was a one car accident, with him sliding sideways in a rain soaked curve, and hitting the power pole on the passenger side, about where the toolbox was. This is when i found out he did not have a seat belt on, and at the point of impact, he was thrown out the back window (which was apparently already crushed out) and landed on his feet, facing forward, skidding across the gravel of the parking lot (like a cat) :o He never even fell to the ground. On top of that, the first person he saw, was a man come out of the office building where the wreck happened, to check on him, and it turned out to be a friend of mine. The truck was totaled, but the boat he built me (tank), had one little scratch mark along the gunwale on the starboard side, near the stern, and the cowling on my new 25 Yammie was cracked and broken, but otherwise, seems ok (we'll soon see). The stanchion on the trailer was bent level with the ground, and one of the boards broken, but otherwise, o.k. Thankfully, my friend's business is a metal fabrication shop, and he and his brother used a large forklift to pick up my boat and trailer, and put them down behind their locked gate, for us to pick up Sunday. Things could have, and probably should have, been a whole lot worse, and I am still shaking my head in amazement that it wasn't. There is a God, I am sure of that!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Lucky Stars......

Postby Darren » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Wow, yea, someone was watching out for him for sure. Glad all is OK

Now just put on the damn seat belt.......
Darren

Postby Rick » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:45 pm

Yarch. Blessed indeed.
Rick

Postby DComeaux » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:37 pm

WOW! Glad he's okay.
DComeaux

Postby Duck Engr » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:30 pm

Gooooooodness!! What a tale to walk away from! I hope thats convinced him to wear that seat belt next time. When I first started reading, after seeing he was ok, I worried about the boat he worked so hard on. Glad it seems to have survived as well!
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Return to The Blind