Through the Pipe

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Through the Pipe

Postby Deltaman » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:07 am

Married his mother when he was ten years old, and being ADHD, sure made it challenging. He was like a sponge, loving and absorbing the hunting and fishing part of our lives. At fifteen, he took a left, and the next 10 years he put us through more than any parent should have to endure, but the reward of seeing him finally get past all of the BS he got into, has been quite the reward. His lifetime dream has been to build custom aluminum boats, and while I got the #7 hull, and one of my brothers has ordered #8, seems his T-Top and platform business will be his true passion. Check out some of his custom work:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/category ... 996691460/
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Through the Pipe

Postby Darren » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:12 am

Good for him, looks like some great looking work! I see that industry going nowhere but up for the foreseeable. :beer:

And obviously props to you for sticking with him and now seeing such positive result
Darren

Postby Rick » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:47 am

Looks like he's "got it goin' on". Good on the lot of you.
Rick

Postby Deltaman » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:27 pm

Thanks, it has been a journey, and I can't help but smile when I see the work he is now producing. He moved his shop across the bay to Foley, to be closer to Orange Beach, because he figured the window of opportunity was larger. He now tells me it wasn't a larger window, it was a large "door", of opportunity. Just happy to see him excel, doing something he loves :thumbsup:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Darren » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:47 am

Deltaman wrote:Thanks, it has been a journey, and I can't help but smile when I see the work he is now producing. He moved his shop across the bay to Foley, to be closer to Orange Beach, because he figured the window of opportunity was larger. He now tells me it wasn't a larger window, it was a large "door", of opportunity. Just happy to see him excel, doing something he loves :thumbsup:

Yea Im seeing more and more intricate work going into bay and offshore boats, he should be in a great spot.
Darren

Postby DComeaux » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:46 pm

Awesome!!
DComeaux

Return to The Blind