Moving Is a Bitch!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Moving Is a Bitch!

Postby tucker » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:37 pm

I had no idea i had so much stuff.
But I'm loving the new place! Seeing deer and turkeys everyday in the yard. Clear lines of sight from the room over the garage. 8-)
tucker

Re: Moving Is a Bitch!

Postby one2many » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:17 am

congrats on the new place tucker
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Jeffys a pimp"
one2many

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:06 am

The only thing keeping me where I am is the fact I have to move to go somewhere else.
My job would allow me to live just about anywhere I wanted in this state...but the move terrifies me.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:19 am

I'm packing my crap up and moving across the country for a 3rd time this summer. Moving sucks! At least the govt pays me to move my crap though :D
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:09 am

I'm amazed at how one room (the kitchen) can have the same number of boxes packed as the rest of the house combined.
assateague

Postby sws002 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:51 am

assateague wrote:I'm amazed at how one room (the kitchen) can have the same number of boxes packed as the rest of the house combined.

This x1000. I've had to move 4 times in the past year, and probably one more time in the next 9 months or so. I've gotten damn good at it, but I hate it more and more every time. Hopefully this next one should be the last one for a while.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Gr8white » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:49 pm

We just moved into our new house also...did all the packing, moving, and unpacking ourselves. By far, the unpacking has been the worst part for us.
Gr8white

Postby broccoli » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:34 pm

i havent even moved lately but just helping my buddy out was a pain in the ass
broccoli

Postby chodebelding » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:55 pm

tucker wrote:I had no idea i had so much stuff.
But I'm loving the new place! Seeing deer and turkeys everyday in the yard. Clear lines of sight from the room over the garage. 8-)

Get one of the turkeys on thanksgiving morning
true pilgrim style
chodebelding

Postby Mornin Beef » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Moved into my first home OCT 21st last year and my thoughts exactly on the turkey and deer. i am quite the minimalist so the move wasn't bad at all. Moving is awesome for these fundamental reasons: 1. You go through everything you have in stuff and am able to throw tons of useless crap out. 2. You get to re-organize all the keepers. 3. Its a fun celebration the first night with the friends and family that helped ya. Top three bad things: 1. You turn out the last night, get lost and have to emergency pee through a screen. 2. Wake up later on and panic because you dont know whos house your in. 3. you meet your neighbor, Eric haynes. :D Congrats it is a great feeling.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Redbeard » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:54 pm

I hate moving but I sure love the yard sale prior to packing. I'm not a pack rat
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Tomkat » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:32 am

Hey Tucker, remember all those folks that told you not to use a buyers agent? :lol: :D :D :lol:

I am glad its working out for you. You need to take up fur harvesting to get rid of those varmints.
Tomkat

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Mornin Beef wrote:

Moved into my first home OCT 21st last year and my thoughts exactly on the turkey and deer. i am quite the minimalist so the move wasn't bad at all. Moving is awesome for these fundamental reasons: 1. You go through everything you have in stuff and am able to throw tons of useless crap out. 2. You get to re-organize all the keepers. 3. Its a fun celebration the first night with the friends and family that helped ya. Top three bad things: 1. You turn out the last night, get lost and have to emergency pee through a screen. 2. Wake up later on and panic because you dont know whos house your in. 3. you meet your neighbor, Eric haynes. :D Congrats it is a great feeling.

Im in 3 mile bay today actually. Whats your address again? I'll stop by.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:35 pm

I'm at work. Let me know where the birds are piled up if your scouting.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Mornin Beef wrote:I'm at work. Let me know where the birds are piled up if your scouting.

Whats your address and i'll show you the map of where they are
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Mornin Beef wrote:I'm at work. Let me know where the birds are piled up if your scouting.

Whats your address and i'll show you the map of where they are

Not sure if your serious. Just call me (111) 111-1111.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Imserious, still here and I see you are home from work. I got some spots scouted out on the map and ill drop them off. Whats your address? Im working on the pickens general building, cant miss it.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:Imserious, still here and I see you are home from work. I got some spots scouted out on the map and ill drop them off. Whats your address? Im working on the pickens general building, cant miss it.

You got me, I'm scared now.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby tucker » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:10 am

Tomkat wrote:Hey Tucker, remember all those folks that told you not to use a buyers agent? :lol: :D :D :lol:

I am glad its working out for you. You need to take up fur harvesting to get rid of those varmints.

Thanks, TK, and others.
Yeah, she was great throughout the entire process, and she's now my listing agent on the old place. She had a showing on that within 6 hours of getting it listed, and a contract in 48 hours.
We'll close on it late November or early December! :beer:
tucker

Postby tucker » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:11 am

assateague wrote:I'm amazed at how one room (the kitchen) can have the same number of boxes packed as the rest of the house combined.

No shit! Ours was more like 5 to 1 for kitchen crap.
tucker

Return to The Blind