Bad year

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Bad year

Postby Throbbin Rods » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:43 am

Bad year for me this year. Wasn't working, had to rebuild the fuel pum[p in the duck boat then couldn't afford a new battery so that was not on the water. With my knees shot and needing to be replaced I haven't been able to carry my canoe around so that was out. Went hintoing one time, never fired a shot. Deer season more of the same, can't climb into my ladder stands, can't walk much. On the good news front I picked a few months of work for UPS delivering packages in my own vehicle. Decent hourly wage and generous mileage reimbursement. It will get me through the hoilidays and maybe the whole winter. Hope everyone had a good Thansgiving and wishing you all a great hunting season.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Re: Bad year

Postby Rick » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:26 pm

Good to hear you're at least still upright, had been a while.
Rick

Re: Bad year

Postby don novicki » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:40 pm

I have been out of it too.Had first knee replaced Aug 21and then left knee Oct 21. Cant get up off the ground too easily on the one time I have been out. Also had a Cardiac stent in April and am now taking about 8 pills per day not including pain meds. Season has been a wash for me. Thinking about hanging up the waders for good and selling all my stuff. Hope 2020 is a better year. Hell to get old. :evil:
don novicki

Return to The Blind