Merry Christmas

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Merry Christmas

Postby Throbbin Rods » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:50 pm

Merry Christmas to all of you. This has been a challenging year for me, thre job front was tough, I finally put in for Social Security and will work part time somewhere to make up the difference.
My knees went bad this year and both need replacing. Hoping to get the first one done in the spring.
My only fishing this year was in Wells Maine, Karen and I flyfishing for stripers. oats wouldn't run, both needed batteries and I just plain couldn't afford them.
I duck hunted once and never pulled the trigger. I can no longer haul the heavy fiberglass canoe or load and unload it. To address that issue my wonderful Girlfriend/Partner/Fiance/Best Friend had a custon canoe built for me to my specs. Final weight, 34 lbs. I can' wait to get it in the water this spring.

Deer season was another mess, couldn't climb up the ladder stands ands ended up hunting about 6 times.
I did not stay in touch with friends like I should have, trying to just survive. Hoping to address the lack of hunting and fishing and more importantly keeping in touch with friends. The highlight of my year was my youngest daughter's wedding in Texas.
To all of you I wish a Merry Christmas with laughter, chuckes and giggles, full tables, homes and hearts and a wonderful time with friends and family. This will be a better year. It has to be.

Enjoy
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Re: Merry Christmas

Postby Rick » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:47 am

Much thanks. Sorry to hear your road's gotten rougher and hoping it smooths out.
Rick

Re: Merry Christmas

Postby Deltaman » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:04 am

Hang in there TR, and may the Christmas Holidays bless you with some positive news, you are overdue!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Merry Christmas

Postby Duck Engr » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:06 pm

Merry Christmas TR! Sounds like things are getting turned in the right direction for you. That lightweight canoe sounds like it’ll be the bees knees!
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Return to The Blind