By my quackulations...

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

By my quackulations...

Postby aunt betty » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:19 am

I'm counting days.
I'm at day 54 of regular duck and I hunted daily for teal and honkers early so add 20.
Ive missed 13 days so it appears I'm at 61 days not counting today yet. I've got 20 arkansas days coming and others scattered in between. I could hit 90 days hunted easily. Its starting to feel like a job.

All that for a duck.
20201216_070210.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Re: By my quackulations...

Postby 5 stand » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:12 am

You are dedicated I'll give you that.
I bet it does feel like a job. Hang in there buddy, those ducks will start falling before long. :thumbsup:
5 stand

Postby Deltaman » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:31 am

Gotta want it.......have a wife that understands it,.....enough money in your bank account to afford it......and the drive to keep it up, even after several stinker days in a row. Glad you love it AB, hope the season gets better with your AR trip ahead, and appreciate you sharing with us :beer:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby aunt betty » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:06 am

Across the board hunters are seeing stale birds and/or new ones that arrive then get stale quickly.
The ingredients I need for success in arkansas are strange. To wish for that is futile.
I could make part of it happen but mother nature has to do some funny things at Christmas.
Not likely. Will keep at it we may not have a next season if Joe lee ping ding wang du pow pow actually turns it over to the alleged female from California
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:16 am

Its 8 am..
I'm in a blind with a loaded shotgun anything can happen.
Kenny told me in arkansaa hunt every ossibke minute you can because you are under the sky train of ducks and anything can happen. Crazy stuff does happen its why you go.
I live for those precious moments of chaos where its all happening so fast.
Its been a while since I was tied up in knots managing it all as ducks are circling. It happens.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:28 am

Its 8 am..
I'm in a blind with a loaded shotgun anything can happen.
Kenny told me in arkansaa hunt every ossibke minute you can because you are under the sky train of ducks and anything can happen. Crazy stuff does happen its why you go.
I live for those precious moments of chaos where its all happening so fast.
Its been a while since I was tied up in knots managing it all as ducks are circling. It happens.

Been selling honey like crazy. Scored a new customer who wants bulk honey to "infuse cbd" for medicine.
Not a lot good about 2020. Little bright spots.
This years honey is light colored yellow , thick, and has variety of flavors including basswood in it.
Not exactly clover honey at all. Better.
All across the Midwest it was a decent honey season. Not a big yield but very high quality.
aunt betty

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:48 am

aunt betty wrote:so it appears I'm at 61 days

:lol:
I keep a log book. I've been out exactly 61 times. Although only 18 of those were for waterfowl. Most of the rest were deer or turkey with a few days for squirrels, one pheasant hunt, and one so-called dove hunt.

A lot of my hunts are before or after work. A couple hours in the morning or evening. Great way to start or end the day. Working remotely has eliminated my commute so it increased my hunting. Much prefer to be sitting in a tree stand or duck blind than sitting in traffic :thumbsup:

Not sure how many days I will get out the rest of the season. I'm currently in Florida and I don't have a boat but I did bring a gun and some gear. I expect to be back in Illinois the end of January, if the forecast a month out is right :lol: I should be able to get some winter goose hunting.

Good luck with the rest of your season.
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:56 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
aunt betty wrote:so it appears I'm at 61 days

:lol:
I keep a log book. I've been out exactly 61 times. Although only 18 of those were for waterfowl. Most of the rest were deer or turkey with a few days for squirrels, one pheasant hunt, and one so-called dove hunt.

A lot of my hunts are before or after work. A couple hours in the morning or evening. Great way to start or end the day. Working remotely has eliminated my commute so it increased my hunting. Much prefer to be sitting in a tree stand or duck blind than sitting in traffic :thumbsup:

Not sure how many days I will get out the rest of the season. I'm currently in Florida and I don't have a boat but I did bring a gun and some gear. I expect to be back in Illinois the end of January, if the forecast a month out is right :lol: I should be able to get some winter goose hunting.

Good luck with the rest of your season.

Thanks Ed.
I'm sitting here pondering about the video I'll make with the actual Nikon or whatever it is I bought. 3500 something...
Long lens and shirt one too. Have a professional tripod thats smooth. Taking that onto a wildlife refuge shouldn't be a problem. The ducks...drool
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:11 am

Could write a book about all the negatives of 2020 we all could. Im trying to focus on the bright spots. Sold three gallons of honey yesterday it just keeps going out the doctor like that in bulk.
Ive been eyeing some avian x fully flocked decoys.
Then I found puppies!

Milo finally is done im sad to say. His hips are toast.
He can still go fishing and camping.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:15 am

Thats his last duck.
20201216_070210.jpg
aunt betty

Postby Duck Engr » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:48 am

Always comes a time when our pups don’t have another one in them, even if they may still want to. Glad he’ll still be able to go on other adventures with you.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:55 am

aunt betty wrote:Milo finally is done im sad to say. His hips are toast.

Sorry to hear that. That sucks.

Not having a dog is a big part of me hunting ducks less. They just add a lot to any hunt.
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:21 pm

Theres a lab puppy in Southern Illinois thats only about two weeks old. A window closes. Door opens.
aunt betty

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:20 pm

aunt betty wrote:Theres a lab puppy in Southern Illinois thats only about two weeks old. A window closes. Door opens.

I was I had the time and ability to get another dog, but that's just not in the cards for the foreseeable future.

Enjoy the new pup. That should keep Milo a little younger.

We'll have to get out again next year.
SpinnerMan

Postby 5 stand » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:38 pm

Betty, I'm glad you're getting a new pup. Looking forward to the puppy pictures!

My old dog is showing her age this year. She still has the want to, but she's slower for sure.
5 stand

Postby aunt betty » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:33 pm

@DComeaux...
I just got notified that you posted a meme in the fuge by email.
So I clicked on the email and it takes me to some bclick guy.
2+2=4?
In plain English are you bclick?
aunt betty

Postby Ricky Spanish » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:20 am

@Spinnerman.
You better be in your pit Xmas morning.

AB logged out an forgot his password.
Lol
Ricky Spanish

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:04 am

Ricky Spanish wrote:@Spinnerman.
You better be in your pit Xmas morning.

Unfortunately not an option. Although, 56, rain, and strong winds the day before. I don't think it will be enough. Open water everywhere. Need to freeze it and then put snow on it to really move the geese.

I should be there the last 2 weeks of January. I have some flexibility to adjust to the weather. Keeping my fingers crossed I get lucky. That was the case a few years ago at the end of duck season. I moved my flight up to avoid the weather. Landed in the morning and by noon I was in the pit and had my limit of geese. Did that the 4 days that followed as well. We got a total of 28 geese and 9 ducks in 5 days. Could have had 100 geese. Should have had a few more ducks.
SpinnerMan

Postby Ricky Spanish » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:51 am

If you can find the original of this picture on this site I'd appreciate it. Ppl want it.
FB_IMG_1608741894717.jpg
Ricky Spanish

Return to The Blind