Crawfish Anyone?

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Crawfish Anyone?

Postby Deltaman » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:54 am

Now that Easter has passed and prices for crawfish have dropped down to somewhat reasonable prices, we had our first crawfish boil of the season over the weekend, and we flat pigged out!!!! Prices ranged from $1.59 - $2/39 lb for live, and we bought 2 sacks of the larger bugs. added niblet corn ears, small creamer potatoes, whole pods of garlic, conecuh sausage, and all was right in the world for a time. There wasn't but 9 of us eating, and we finished them all. Usually, we have a few pounds left over for crawfish cornbread and crawfish pie, but not this weekend. Anybody else been cooking them lately?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Crawfish Anyone?

Postby Darren » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:25 pm

Deltaman wrote:Now that Easter has passed and prices for crawfish have dropped down to somewhat reasonable prices, we had our first crawfish boil of the season over the weekend, and we flat pigged out!!!! Prices ranged from $1.59 - $2/39 lb for live, and we bought 2 sacks of the larger bugs. added niblet corn ears, small creamer potatoes, whole pods of garlic, conecuh sausage, and all was right in the world for a time. There wasn't but 9 of us eating, and we finished them all. Usually, we have a few pounds left over for crawfish cornbread and crawfish pie, but not this weekend. Anybody else been cooking them lately?

Did one boil with some friends couple weeks ago but that's about it, picked them up twice I think already boiled. Would like to do a few more boils soon. Sounds like yall did it right
Darren

Postby Rick » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:42 pm

Boycott crawfish!!!
Rick

Postby Duck Engr » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:41 am

Crawfish boils just like you described are the number one thing I miss about living on the coast! I’ve scratched the itch a little bit through a boil up at a brewery in birmingham a few weeks back. Paid more than I’m willing to admit for those bugs.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Return to The Blind