Wetland restoration project

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Wetland restoration project

Postby Duck Engr » Sun May 23, 2021 6:47 pm

What say you Deltaman? Heard anything about this? Any opinions for or against?

https://www.al.com/news/mobile/2021/05/ ... obile.html
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Re: Wetland restoration project

Postby Deltaman » Mon May 24, 2021 8:17 am

Been hearing mumblings of it over the last few years DE, but this clip is the latest release I have seen. The building of the causeway across our delta to connect Mobile and Baldwin County in the late 1920's, started the sediment build up in all of the bays North of it, impeding the delta's natural progress, and slowly filling in the shallow bays. I hate the constant dredging of our ship channel, and it has pretty much killed most of the grass beds,(mostly eel grass) on both sides of the bay, so hopefully, this addition will help mitigate some of the loss. As I understand it, they will take the dredge spoil, and use it to create more delta area South of the causeway? It scares me when the Corp starts talking about big projects like this, but the intent is good. A lot remains to be seen, and I haven't heard any recent discussions. I'm sure this recent article will bring it to the forefront, and we will get a better idea of public opinion. Thanks for the heads up on this article!!!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Return to The Blind