Duck Boat Pictures

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Duck Boat Pictures

Postby Olly » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Hunting with them got my mind working. Maybe we should plan a WFF hunt next year at a ranch or something?

Sent using Tapatalk
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:11 pm

I'm in. Although I think we should make it public land and see how many citations we could get over a weekend. We could probably triple them if we hunted here and went out on Sunday as well. We could park Jehler's barge in the Chesapeake, and when DNR pulled up we would just hide inside and pretend like we're an island. Post up No Trespassing signs at the dog ramp.
assateague

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:28 pm

assateague wrote:I'm in. Although I think we should make it public land and see how many citations we could get over a weekend. We could probably triple them if we hunted here and went out on Sunday as well. We could park Jehler's barge in the Chesapeake, and when DNR pulled up we would just hide inside and pretend like we're an island. Post up No Trespassing signs at the dog ramp.

I say we get a WWF flag to fly over the barge and declare ourselves the indepentent nation of Duckistan. Tell the DNR that their laws don't apply to us, we have our own laws! :lol:
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby assateague » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:28 pm

Oh, I'm definitely in.
assateague

Postby jehler » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:04 pm

assateague wrote:
Olly wrote:Don't under estimate the Ehlers and Gun..... I don't know how to spell his last damn name. Anyway these guys are nuts, they were shocked I showed up for a 2nd day!

Sent using Tapatalk

I would love to make that trip. I think we'd get along just grand!

Lets make it happen
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Olly » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:06 pm

If Assa comes out next year I'll fly back. Boom.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:15 pm

broccoli wrote:Did they raid a Christmas tree farm? That's what it looks like from the phone

We only use trees cut from Indian burial grounds, specifically the hemlock spruce and oak growing over the hunting braves graves.
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:14 pm

That would be a hunt for the books. Bird totals wouldn't even make it as a side note most likely.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby broccoli » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:17 pm

jehler wrote:
broccoli wrote:Did they raid a Christmas tree farm? That's what it looks like from the phone

We only use trees cut from Indian burial grounds, specifically the hemlock spruce and oak growing over the hunting braves graves.

That makes sense I think I see an American chestnut in there too
broccoli

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:25 pm

assateague wrote:Oh, I'm definitely in.

Can I come play with the heathens?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby JGUN » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:27 pm

Olly wrote:Don't under estimate the Ehlers and Gun..... I don't know how to spell his last damn name. Anyway these guys are nuts, they were shocked I showed up for a 2nd day!

Sent using Tapatalk

Jehler was a little disappointed you didn't spend the night. He had big plans for you. :lol:
JGUN

Postby Goldfish » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:44 am

Alright, I've got to ask. How in the world does a duck think there is a brand new island in the middle of the lake and that it'd be a good idea to check it out? Or is the barge for littler areas closer to shore?
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby assateague » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:46 am

Plate tectonics.
assateague

Postby Bufflehead » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:55 am

Goldfish wrote:Alright, I've got to ask. How in the world does a duck think there is a brand new island in the middle of the lake and that it'd be a good idea to check it out? Or is the barge for littler areas closer to shore?

we hunt big open water blinds out in the middle of no where. the blinds are usualy at least 4' x 8' with a attached boat hide that you can put a 20' to 25' boat in. some stick up 15'+ above the water. it works
Bufflehead

Postby obxbufflehead » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:14 am

Bufflehead wrote:
Goldfish wrote:Alright, I've got to ask. How in the world does a duck think there is a brand new island in the middle of the lake and that it'd be a good idea to check it out? Or is the barge for littler areas closer to shore?

we hunt big open water blinds out in the middle of no where. the blinds are usualy at least 4' x 8' with a attached boat hide that you can put a 20' to 25' boat in. some stick up 15'+ above the water. it works

Yes it does. It's like they don't even care it's there. You will see birds just loafing around blinds too like this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351527256.697349.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby jehler » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:16 am

Let me ask you, do you think when ducks are flying, they are chatting each other up about things? Like "hey Fred, you remember that island being there yesterday?"
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby obxbufflehead » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:17 am

Hey jgun, would you say these are squaws? They look like squaws to me
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351527387.600220.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby JGUN » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:18 am

Works just fine. I even seen Olly shoot an old squaw that I believe was roosting in one of the spruce screwed to the side. At least that's where it looked like it came from.
JGUN

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:22 am

jehler wrote:

Let me ask you, do you think when ducks are flying, they are chatting each other up about things? Like "hey Fred, you remember that island being there yesterday?"

Go easy on him, you're not allowed to hunt open water in Minnesota.
This is the real Botiz630
Botiz630

Postby JGUN » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:32 am

obxbufflehead wrote:Hey jgun, would you say these are squaws? They look like squaws to me
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351527387.600220.jpg

Hard to tell for sure in that pic but they could be.
JGUN

Postby JGUN » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:33 am

Coordinates of the location would help me confirm.
JGUN

Postby obxbufflehead » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:42 am

Outer banks NC
obxbufflehead

Postby obxbufflehead » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:44 am

That's the best I can give you. :mrgreen:
obxbufflehead

Postby Goldfish » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:50 am

jehler wrote:

They sure seem to think it when someone comes and pops their giant boat blind up in the marsh. And these are stupid puddle ducks. Being told that they are superior species, I would imagine open water birds would realize this even more after flying over a big flat lake all year only to have a new... I don't even know what you'd call it, in their way.

And yes, we can't do open water hunting in MN so I have zero knowledge on the subject.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby JGUN » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Goldfish wrote:
jehler wrote:

They sure seem to think it when someone comes and pops their giant boat blind up in the marsh. And these are stupid puddle ducks.
That's because there is usually a big shiny black or white motor on those blinds. Although I gotta say scoter have to be some of the dumbest ducks out there. They decoyed well to my black mustang float coat.
JGUN

Postby Goldfish » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Yea yea yea, I gotta paint the motor. :lol:

I've gotta get my paint skills up to par so that I can show off to everyone else at the landing first.
Goldfish

Postby JGUN » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Goldfish wrote:Yea yea yea, I gotta paint the motor. :lol:

I've gotta get my paint skills up to par so that I can show off to everyone else at the landing first.

:lol::lol::lol: I didn't even know your motor wasn't painted. But I was spot on with the description.
JGUN

Postby Goldfish » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:11 pm

:lol:
I need to keep the resale value up on my 1974 9.9hp evenrude that's scratched up and not running 100%
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:35 pm

JGUN wrote:Works just fine. I even seen Olly shoot an old squaw that I believe was roosting in one of the spruce screwed to the side. At least that's where it looked like it came from.

It's coming right at me!!!!!!!!!!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Previous

Return to The Blind