bino's

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

bino's

Postby plainsman » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:59 pm

anybody else use a set for scanning while it gets slow?
plainsman

Re: bino's

Postby PorkChop » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:09 pm

I have a pair of vortex that I use when I remember too bring along. Seem to use them more while coyote hunting.
PorkChop

Postby Pennydog1 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:27 pm

Ive always had low end binoks ,in1999 i hunted in outer banks ,guide let
Me try his ,they were swarovski when i got home i ordered a pair they
Were very pricy but they have been my go to for all my hunting,10x42 sl
Very clear ,excellent lo light lifetime warranty,we hunt not far from braidwood cooling lake and can easily track birds flight plan if we have to move around.they really help.
Pennydog1

Postby Rick » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:14 am

Sure as I packed a set of binoculars in on a duck hunt and dug them out to scan the horizon, a flight of teal would knock my hat off.

About the only time I use them on birds these days is to satisfy my curiosity from the truck, and that's rare, but I spent gosh knows how many hours scanning for gulls feeding over schools of fish and differentiating them from terns (that lie) during my Capt. Rick phase. That was where I learned how much I valued the light gathering, steadiness and field of view advantages of the 8x42s I now prefer over the greater magnification of 10x42s.

Learned long ago that there aren't many folks who care and know more about binocular (and camera) glass than serious birders, so I researched their comparison testing when buying the Vanguard Endeavors I've used for enough years that I had to go look in the truck to see that they were that. Don't even know if they're still even made, but mine have great glass and ergonomics for their, at least then, moderate price and have held up well to an awful lot of mostly deer and gator nest hunting miles.
Rick

Return to The Blind