Is this OK for a layout blind.

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Is this OK for a layout blind.

Postby Bowjoe » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:15 pm

I need to purchase 2 layouts 1 for me and 1 for my son.. so I cant afford the 200 ones so I can get these for $88.00 a piece.. Is this a good blind for just starting out.. ?
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff..
Big Guys Best Pro Staff..
Bowjoe

Re: Is this OK for a layout blind.

Postby Redbeard » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:46 pm

If you can lay in it and camo it up, then it's just fine
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Goldfish » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Redbeard wrote:If you can lay in it and camo it up, then it's just fine

+1. If you can fit in it, and it's comfy enough to lay in it, then $88 is a really good price. You end up covering them with whatever is around you anyways so the rest is kind of just nit-picking if it's the lowest to the ground on the market, if it is easy to carry, if it breaks down for storage, if it comes with padded heated seats, if it can fit two guys ( :lol: )

Don't forget to mud them before you use them. Brown rattle can paint works too.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Anyone remember before layouts? Used to have sheets of burlap and had to zip tie the natural cover to it. Laying out in a muddy field with a sheet of burlap covering you and no where to put your crap sucked monkey balls. With that said, those blinds will be fine.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:03 pm

I don't have much experience in my layout blind so far but I'd say those will work as long as you can fit in them.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Mornin Beef » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:Anyone remember before layouts? Used to have sheets of burlap and had to zip tie the natural cover to it. Laying out in a muddy field with a sheet of burlap covering you and no where to put your crap sucked monkey balls. With that said, those blinds will be fine.

I still do this. That blind is awesome. Only field hunt maybe once a year though.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby huntall6 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:43 am

I used a piece of burlap while laying on a piece of plywood leaned on a milk crate for my first two years. It wasn't that bad. For $88 I would jump on a layout though....
Redbeard wrote:Buy not when. I hit that damne pole

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Big dick cakes are delicious!
huntall6

Postby i shoot spoonies » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:56 am

BLK and i would toss a big piece of burlap over us while stalking geese. ah the good ol days
Feelin' Fowl wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:Hahaha! Weiner snob.

Damn right! Only the best wieners go in my mouth!
i shoot spoonies

Postby Weston81 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:52 am

When I first started hunting on leased land(Flooded Rice) with a buddy, we would sit in the water leaned up against the little mud levee's and put a sheet of fast grass over us. What a mess we made of everything, but we killed ducks.
Weston81

Return to The Blind