Projects Before the Season

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Projects Before the Season

Postby PorkChop » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:26 pm

Do you guys have any big projects you need to get done before waterfowl season starts?

I bought a Fat Boy and a Fat Boy DP that I am going to paint and then grass. Also for the most part I use homemade panel blinds that I need to make some repairs and then re-grass them. Also need to reflock goose heads and paint the whites and the tails. May put some exterior lights on the trailer.

If history is a good indicator I will probably try to do most of this stuff the night before the opener :D :oops:
PorkChop

Re: Projects Before the Season

Postby plainsman » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:36 pm

Nothing really that would be considered a project....just got to buy 1 more duck call to finish a lanyard....maybe do a bit more patterning with the newest shotgun....nothing that takes much work or time :duck:
plainsman

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:23 pm

PorkChop wrote:Do you guys have any big projects you need to get done before waterfowl season starts?

I bought a Fat Boy and a Fat Boy DP that I am going to paint and then grass. Also for the most part I use homemade panel blinds that I need to make some repairs and then re-grass them. Also need to reflock goose heads and paint the whites and the tails. May put some exterior lights on the trailer.

If history is a good indicator I will probably try to do most of this stuff the night before the opener :D :oops:

Yes. Have all sorts of things to do non-duck so I can get at them again. The usual ...move mountain cheaply.
Ricky Spanish

Postby Duck Engr » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:36 pm

Yep. Need to get rice planted and nitrate on browntop short term. Longer term need to pour some flowable fill under a pipe in the levee that’s been leaking some. Also have plans for a new blind but that’s fairly far down on the list and can happen in October when it’s not deathly hot out.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Return to The Blind