Superstitions...

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Superstitions...

Postby Rick » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:20 am

Been readying my boat for the marsh and was separating the extraneous debris from the "must have"s and "possibles" stored under its seat when I came upon a single breast feather - that's still there as a "must have". Similarly, when I swept the dirt and litter that had accumulated under my blind's floor before putting it's off-season lids on, I made a point of leaving a few feathers in that otherwise clean metal box.

Would bet something nice that you'd find at least a feather or two in my upland vest and belt pouches, too, as leaving feathers for seed has been more than just a habit reaching all the way back to my teens. And it still tickles me with history and hope to come across them.
Rick

Re: Superstitions...

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:34 am

:beer: :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud

Postby Ricky Spanish » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:42 am

Fine...
I will start building makeshift altars in the swamp to honor the princess of the trees for good hunting luck.
They say you see a faint glow and its her and her minions. Ooooooo
:scooter:
Ricky Spanish

Postby Anotherone » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:38 am

Ricky Spanish wrote:Fine...
I will start building makeshift altars in the swamp to honor the princess of the trees for good hunting luck.
They say you see a faint glow and its her and her minions. Ooooooo
:scooter:

That may be that bad ass chick called Marie Laveau?
Anotherone

Postby Deltaman » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:02 am

Rick wrote:Been readying my boat for the marsh and was separating the extraneous debris from the "must have"s and "possibles" stored under its seat when I came upon a single breast feather - that's still there as a "must have". Similarly, when I swept the dirt and litter that had accumulated under my blind's floor before putting it's off-season lids on, I made a point of leaving a few feathers in that otherwise clean metal box.

Would bet something nice that you'd find at least a feather or two in my upland vest and belt pouches, too, as leaving feathers for seed has been more than just a habit reaching all the way back to my teens. And it still tickles me with history and hope to come across them.

Good Stuff!!!! Always nice to come upon reminder of something you live/love to do, as your mind refreshes your memories and feelings of that time.......deja vu all over again :thumbsup:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Ducaholic » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:09 am

It's just how we are when one is hooked on quack :thumbsup:
Ducaholic

Postby Ricky Spanish » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:48 am

Sigh...the smell of Klotz in the morning.
Ricky Spanish

Return to The Blind