Road Kill

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Road Kill

Postby PorkChop » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:24 pm

Personally I do everything I can to avoid hitting something with my truck. I know some people will go out of their way to run over a skunk raccoon or a cat but for me I think it’s just a shitty thing to do. However when I came around the corner today and saw these three guys laying in the road my first thought was great this will definitely help with duck/pheasant/partridge production in the area next spring. Thought it was odd the way they are laid out. It looked them over and they hadn’t been shot so maybe it was just a weird way they were hit.

2D834EDC-5314-44AA-90A4-4A26E6C84B46.jpeg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
PorkChop

Re: Road Kill

Postby Rick » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:49 am

Road kill very often begets more road kill, but that doesn't seem the case.
Rick

Postby Ricky Spanish » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:45 am

I generally eat everything I crash into so look both ways before crossing the road.
Last road kill I ate was a hen pheasant.
Ricky Spanish

Postby Anotherone » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:04 am

Looks like a coonacide, shot then staged as a hit and run. At least the buzzards will enjoy.
Anotherone

Postby Ricky Spanish » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:09 am

Anotherone wrote:Looks like a coonacide, shot then staged as a hit and run. At least the buzzards will enjoy.

Rocky!
Ricky Spanish

Postby Rick » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:08 am

Anotherone wrote:Looks like a coonacide, shot then staged as a hit and run. At least the buzzards will enjoy.

Once attempted to scare a neighbor's PIA cat with a Whamo slingshot and accidentally center-punched it. Covered up crime by putting the victem in the road and running over it.
Rick

Postby Duck Engr » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:08 pm

Rick wrote:

Once attempted to scare a neighbor's PIA cat with a Whamo slingshot and accidentally center-punched it. Covered up crime by putting the victem in the road and running over it.
That made me laugh
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby Deltaman » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:58 am

Damn cats :lol:
Years ago, in another life, I had been shrimping every day, and apparently missed a few pogies left stuck in the net one day. Neighbor's cat jumped up in the boat and started eating them, and I thought, that's cool........until I noticed it was eating the net along with the pogies!!!!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Ricky Spanish » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:00 am

Deltaman wrote:Damn cats :lol:
Years ago, in another life, I had been shrimping every day, and apparently missed a few pogies left stuck in the net one day. Neighbor's cat jumped up in the boat and started eating them, and I thought, that's cool........until I noticed it was eating the net along with the pogies!!!!

Way back in 2021 I went fishing and dumped the minnow bucket in a flower bed.
Brought Millet home. He found them sun dried minnows and ate every single one.
The dog loves fish.
Ricky Spanish

Return to The Blind